Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 25d
Posted

hey all, just after a bit of help, ive lost my licence in canberra for 12 months. and im moving to victoria next month, im wanting to know can I get my victorian licence, or does the suspension carry over?? does it carry over to every state>? anyone know any information on this would be much appreciated... :)

  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

yep - every state. You could fudge it befor but they reference back when you go to transfer your licence. I guess you could get one from scratch but that would mean back to your L's

Best thing to do is head over seas for a year.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 25d
Posted

dammm, so it does carry over ?? :( yeah I should move over seas lol... could I go overseas get an overseas licence then come to australia?? lol

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted

I can confirm it does carry over.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Does anyone know the procedure how the points come back?? I've heard after 3 yrs it automaticaly goes back to 12? But then again I've heard that it comes back depending on how you lost them..

Anyone know?

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

In Qld (and I assume elsewhere) you don't "lose" points they are placed on your record indefinitely. If you accumulate 12 or more in any three year period then it's game over.

Although apparently if you lose your license from accumulation of too many demerit points they are all removed/ignored once your license is reinstated so you essentially start with a clean slate.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Depends how you lost your licence I think. In your case you've been disqualified by a court (im guessing) which means your licence is completely canceled. Im pretty sure a court order has nothing to do with the demerit point system so I think you would have to go back and do your P's.

With getting the licence from another state I think up until recently the NSW-WA databases weren't connected but they have been since late last year (was gonna try the same trick).

Unfortunately youve gotta cop it sweet.

And in case you try driving around in a car that's not registered to you to avoid detection, in Vic theyve started using facial recognition on drivers' faces to see whether there's any known issues with them. So could be a matter of time before it rolled out elsewhere.

It's better to put up the white flag on this one.

Guest XR09
  • Guests
Posted

If you loose your license in any state or country then you cant drive anywhere else by law. You can, but if you get caught you are charged with unlawfully driving whilst disqualified. 6 months extra loss time first time caught now. They also can nab you for unlawfully obtaining a permit to drive if they are feeling narky and want to completely reem you.

But if your desperate Finland is the easiest place in the world to get a license.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

In Qld (and I assume elsewhere) you don't "lose" points they are placed on your record indefinitely. If you accumulate 12 or more in any three year period then it's game over.

Although apparently if you lose your license from accumulation of too many demerit points they are all removed/ignored once your license is reinstated so you essentially start with a clean slate.

Yeah I got a 'youre up to 10 points, be careful or youll lose it' letter in the mail the other day.. I didnt even know this 3 year rule, I thought I was doing pretty well.

I get 4 points back in a year, so ill have to behave for a while I guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...