rapidchris Member 314 Member For: 21y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 21/11/06 07:16 AM Posted 21/11/06 07:16 AM im pretty sure there was a tread on this have a search and u will find it. ill post it if I do
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 28d Location: In The Ute Posted 21/11/06 07:16 AM Posted 21/11/06 07:16 AM How nosiey are atomic short engine done 750km still there giving me the sh*ts 1500rpm to3000rpm just rattes like some thing not right in there pulled rocker cover to make sure it was't the timing chain but all good in there←Get Used to it
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 28d Location: North Brisbane Posted 21/11/06 09:41 PM Posted 21/11/06 09:41 PM (edited) Make sure you let it warm up by idling before you drive it otherwise you may oval your pistons prematurely. Something I was told and abide by.there was another thread on this - interestingly enough, a couple of the boys at the dyno day I was at on Saturday listened to my motor after I had been giving it a few joy rides and it is as quiet as - couldn't tell the difference between it and a standard one.Although, my start-up noise has gotten progressively worse as it has gotten older - now has 2000kms on it but the noise is now no worse than it was at 1000kms old.It will be interesting to see what the change to 10w-60 synthetic Castrol Edge does to the noise in a week. Edited 21/11/06 09:43 PM by F6 RAPID
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/11/06 12:21 AM Posted 22/11/06 12:21 AM It will be interesting to see what the change to 10w-60 synthetic Castrol Edge does to the noise in a week.←I can tell you right now what differance it will make shano, it will make it louder. Its the pistons.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 22/11/06 12:23 AM Posted 22/11/06 12:23 AM hiddeous had some success with using different oil, I forget what oil he picked though. He reckons the noise is barely noticible now.
Guest Guests Posted 22/11/06 12:24 AM Posted 22/11/06 12:24 AM Make sure you let it warm up by idling before you drive it otherwise you may oval your pistons prematurely. Something I was told and abide by.there was another thread on this - interestingly enough, a couple of the boys at the dyno day I was at on Saturday listened to my motor after I had been giving it a few joy rides and it is as quiet as - couldn't tell the difference between it and a standard one.Although, my start-up noise has gotten progressively worse as it has gotten older - now has 2000kms on it but the noise is now no worse than it was at 1000kms old.It will be interesting to see what the change to 10w-60 synthetic Castrol Edge does to the noise in a week.←I have found that oil does make a big differance to engine noise to quieten them I use a german 5w60 ows oil @ $25 per litre not cheap but the best imho!
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/11/06 12:25 AM Posted 22/11/06 12:25 AM hiddeous had some success with using different oil, I forget what oil he picked though. He reckons the noise is barely noticible now.←think he used royal purple, the pistons in my current engine are so quite its like a stocker. once it warms up that is. I dont move the car until its upto operating temp.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 22/11/06 12:30 AM Posted 22/11/06 12:30 AM Royal purple Is that for real?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/11/06 02:08 AM Posted 22/11/06 02:08 AM Royal Purple 5w30. made a big difference. its only audible now between aprox 1250 to 1500rpm with no load. I put there Syncromax gearbox oil in the t56 and the difference in shift quality between that and transmax Z is amazing. The box is much nicer to drive with the Royal Purple Syncromax. The down side is that gearbox is noiser at idle...(in fact its so loud you can hear the piston noise... )
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 28d Location: North Brisbane Posted 22/11/06 03:29 AM Posted 22/11/06 03:29 AM It will be interesting to see what the change to 10w-60 synthetic Castrol Edge does to the noise in a week.←I can tell you right now what differance it will make shano, it will make it louder. Its the pistons.← Geezus.......How about Shell Rimula X Diesel Oil???????
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now