rockafellqeinstien Member 325 Member For: 18y 2m 6d Posted 08/02/10 06:26 AM Posted 08/02/10 06:26 AM if you give me the dimensions I might be able to mill one up as a test (steel or alloy) I dont think it would be very complicated.
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 08/02/10 06:34 AM Posted 08/02/10 06:34 AM (edited) That sounds like a great idea buddy, what do you reckon Pat? Can someone forward the dimensions to this willing Gentleman?If you guys can put your heads together and make one, I will be the first to buy one... Even in it's experimental stage fella's... Edited 08/02/10 06:37 AM by SPIKO
wilba Member 828 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 08/02/10 08:02 AM Author Posted 08/02/10 08:02 AM well my mate could make them just need the dimensions
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 08/02/10 10:46 AM Posted 08/02/10 10:46 AM The hardest part will be getting the bush to seat properly in the cradle. If the entire bush is alloy it will either have to be pressed into the cradle (good luck getting the cradle onto 99% of the readily available presses) or it will be too loose and simply play around alot and create more clunking and vibrations.It will need a polyurethane surround so it can be pushed in and stay in there securely. The poly will insulate it to a certain extent however I would probably suggest either a stronger bolt, an upgraded diff hat or both. With the bush being mostly solid there will be little room for flex, take a look at this vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI_XRVfy-8oThis is the comfort option that I worked with STEVEBAXR and Fulcrum to produce. Although a firmer one won't move as much, it shows you how much load is being put on that area.
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 08/02/10 10:55 AM Posted 08/02/10 10:55 AM You know how to do it Pat, just have a crack at it with the poly as suggested... I would love to put that camera on the F6 next time I am at Willowbank LOL.......
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 08/02/10 12:05 PM Posted 08/02/10 12:05 PM You will achieve nothing but heartache. You need to spread the torsional forces, not create more.
dat_40l Legacy Donating Member 997 Member For: 21y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: newcastle NSW Posted 16/02/10 10:53 AM Posted 16/02/10 10:53 AM well I'm open to ideas as well, I just snaped either the bolt or cover. I am over the useless rear ends in these falcons that seem to cause more trouble then they are worth!!
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 16/02/10 10:54 PM Posted 16/02/10 10:54 PM I think we are looking at this all wrong. If you put in a solid bush, the bolt or diff hat will snap. simple.What is needed is a solution that is stronger but spreads the torsional forces accross evenly to remove stress from the diff itself.I'm thinking like a diff shock absorber or spring system that removes the diff from the rear cradle altogether and is supported by two small shock absorbers that will aloow vertical movement but limit it to certain distances.The shock mounts could be then be properly designed so that less noise is transferred to the cabin....hmmm. this has got me thinking now.... this wouldnt be hard to do at all.....
dat_40l Legacy Donating Member 997 Member For: 21y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: newcastle NSW Posted 16/02/10 11:05 PM Posted 16/02/10 11:05 PM think and desigin away my friend!!
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 30d Gender: Male Posted 17/02/10 01:26 AM Posted 17/02/10 01:26 AM A possible solution but very time consuming one is making a two bush setup by removing the existing bush bracket and welding in a bracket that has two bushes located as wide apart as possible and a new CNC hat with provision for a two bolt setup.I think the shock setup is even better and would maybe be even easier
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now