wilba Member 828 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 07/02/10 09:20 PM Posted 07/02/10 09:20 PM ok guys my mate got these diff mounts made up for his toyota jzx100 because the old rubber one fell apart.now wat im trying to say it that has anyone had there diff mounts made up or thort of making sum up as you would never have to buy bushs again.it had stiffin up the back end as he has a 2way and it is not as harsh as it use to be
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 07/02/10 09:39 PM Posted 07/02/10 09:39 PM I reckon alloy bushes in a falcon would cause other problems like snapping the diff bolts or putting more load on the tailshaft and diff centre, but in saying that I have no firm data to say that we've tried it...
Ace blind leading the blind Member 3,657 Member For: 18y 18d Gender: Male Location: Mt Alford, Queensland Posted 07/02/10 10:19 PM Posted 07/02/10 10:19 PM hey p@ maybe you should design some - spiro will test drive the shlt outta em for you
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 07/02/10 11:19 PM Posted 07/02/10 11:19 PM Make it Pat and I have no problem testing it....
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 08/02/10 01:03 AM Posted 08/02/10 01:03 AM We made one last year when I still had the BA... safe to say its a race car thing only lol Diff whine was louder, the play that the diff already had sounded worse.I never tested it on the track, as the round rubber coupler in the tail shaft turned inside out within a few weeksIf you were to do it, Id also do the side ones, get a solid tail shaft made up and enjoy the noise lol
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 08/02/10 02:52 AM Posted 08/02/10 02:52 AM that's interesting Rapid, maybe if they aren't totally solid with let's say 8 to 10mm of Urathane the results may be quieter?
wilba Member 828 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 08/02/10 02:56 AM Author Posted 08/02/10 02:56 AM well there you go I wouldnt of thort it would of made more noise as in my mates car quiet it down and it doent make that donk noise when u snag a gear
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 08/02/10 05:30 AM Posted 08/02/10 05:30 AM Yeah I thought a layer of poly around it would be nice... not much flex but just enough to rid the vibrations... maybe.I'd imagine noise would be different in other cars... different chassis, floor pans ect
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 08/02/10 05:49 AM Posted 08/02/10 05:49 AM Yes, alot of jap vehicles have rubber mounts where the rear cradle connects to the body, this effectively reduces the amount of NVH transferred into the cabin.I might have a chat with the Fulcrum boys about getting an alloy bush made up...
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 08/02/10 06:06 AM Posted 08/02/10 06:06 AM I can guarantee that you would sell plenty Pat
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now