Ace blind leading the blind Member 3,657 Member For: 18y 18d Gender: Male Location: Mt Alford, Queensland Posted 17/02/10 02:06 AM Posted 17/02/10 02:06 AM someone send me a diff hat and ill make it stronger
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 18/02/10 02:14 AM Posted 18/02/10 02:14 AM What I am thinking is a small liquid-filled short shock or liguid engine mount that would mount onto the rear of the diff and run vertically down to a mounting plate bolted under the suspension crossbar. Have thick rubber bushes between diff, shock and crossbar. The shock would take all clunks and allow restricted vertical movement. As long as all bolts are high strength, and the shock is soft enough to allow movement but provide force, it could be done easily. The bushes could be designed to further improve NVH levels.This would last an esitmated 50-100 thousand kms depending on power, conditions etc. It also would be super-simple to replace when needed.hmmmmm... any other suggestions, thoughts?
Ace blind leading the blind Member 3,657 Member For: 18y 18d Gender: Male Location: Mt Alford, Queensland Posted 18/02/10 03:03 AM Posted 18/02/10 03:03 AM I reckon use a bigger bolt and reinforce the shlt outta the diff hat - wouldnt help with noise but would fix the broken bolts/bush issue
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 18/02/10 04:33 AM Posted 18/02/10 04:33 AM The diff needs to move. If you lock it in place, the torsional forces will be sent back down the tailshaft leading to a flogged centre bearing which will cost a bucket load to replace. The diff bush is a sacrificial bush.All it needs is the basic design improved for longevity. Stronger bushes work, but also transfer more noise and in some cases break the diff bolt or bugger the diff hat. If we can figure out a new design to mount the diff without wearing parts within 15000kms, everyone would be happier...It can be done, I will jump under the car tonight and come up with some basic design...
wagnman Member 567 Member For: 17y 3m 8d Posted 20/02/10 06:13 AM Posted 20/02/10 06:13 AM WWhat we need is a simmilar set up to what I has in my VY SS. Harrop makes a fantastic sports diff hat for teh commys that sorts all these issues out and also helps subdue the diff bounce that the commys are renownd for.99-ACVR6824-00These things are bloody brilliant and allow for a much larger oil capacity and have a massive mount that mounts to two points not just the single centre mount on the std diff hat.If only we could convince Harrop to make somet6hing for our fords
lowfutura Enforcer Legacy Donating Member 520 Member For: 17y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/02/10 08:25 AM Posted 20/02/10 08:25 AM (edited) take a look at this vid:. Although a firmer one won't move as much, it shows you how much load is being put on that area.Well I Never..........I really thought the tourqe force would have been a twisting motion..Thank's for that.. Edited 20/02/10 08:26 AM by lowfutura
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 20/02/10 09:24 AM Posted 20/02/10 09:24 AM If only we could convince Harrop to make somet6hing for our fordslets all email them (use the email link on the page YOU linked to) and ask them if they can. I've just done it already.
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 21/02/10 10:08 PM Posted 21/02/10 10:08 PM Be patient fella's a new diff hat & Diff Bush & Tailshaft is being developed.. I will let you know and post pics when it is finnished..
d rangd Member 341 Member For: 17y 10m 13d Posted 21/02/10 10:44 PM Posted 21/02/10 10:44 PM ive got all poly bushes ready to go into the irs...and am getting one of mals beefed up diff hats...what else can break?? what exactly did you break spiro? I dont think any ford irs will cop what you throw at yours haha
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 21/02/10 10:58 PM Posted 21/02/10 10:58 PM I've broken everything LOL.. As stated I will let you know when these things are done, Tail shaft that I am refering to is Mal Wood and yes I am running his reinforced hat Version 2 with a diffrent bolt setup, however I have a hat being developed in the states for you blokes and diff bush, I as you are aware am going 9inch 4Link..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now