Rules For Cruises And Events

Cobra

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d

In the next week the moderators will get together

and set out the first draft of a clear set of "rules"

for ALL members to follow on cruises and similar events.

Matters of speeding, wreckless driving and bad behaviour as

described in various Cruise threads are unacceptable.

Edit: Link Removed.

Member's input to these "rules" is invited.

These new "rules" will cover issues of speeding,

safety on public roads and general behaviour

as a group when we get together.

This forum (and soon to be club) is a result

of tremendous effort and support.

The forum is far too valuable to jeopardise

with irresponsible behaviour by any of its members.

More importantly, we don't want a road kill on our conscience.

Please air your thoughts, both positive and negative, and help

create the "rules" for a safe and enjoyable environment when we have cruises and events.

More track events will be organised to vent the pressure build-up in our right feet :)

and safe/defensive driving instruction courses are also being planned.

the FordXR6Turbo.com moderating team

Edited by Dagabond

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should talk to race track owners and try and get some bargians, as a big club it might mean something. Leave all the speeding for the track, pluss its fun.

Times during the week would be the best I would think.

With heaps of notice Im sure people could manage a day off some how, what you reckon ?

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d

I totally agree with you Vik.

I think the cruise rules need to emphasise the current law in relation to road rules and that items such as mentioned above will not be tolerated.

• Member For: 20y 9m

true I agree about guidelines when out on cruises but its all comes down to self-control when driving especially on the hwy when u come across d...heads

that hound u it has been a major problem up here in qld between brisbane and the gold coast damm right dangerous SPEED KILLS im sure all of ours members have common sense that's all it is COMMON SENSE follow the road rules and have fun I say that's my 2 cents cheers

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d
Not wanting to sound like a sceptic or anything, but how would these rules be enforced and monitored?

Most car clubs have rules. Including behaviour rules at meets and on cruises. They are easily enforced by the "three strikes and you're out" principle.

Monitoring and enforcement comes back to the elected committee.

When we become the Ford XR6 Turbo Car Club of Australia, the articles of incorporation (constitution) will include whatever rules may be deemed necessary. The members have the opportunity to debate and vote on it and what the majority decide is what applies.

• The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member For: 20y 11m 19d

I had a good talk with CJF last night and there are a number of things which are of significant importance, not just for the site owner and mods, but also members, sponsors and visitors.

First of all it is unproductive to single out individuals and lay blame at their feet (I know this is not going to happen)

Secondly, everything is a learning curve and being the positive type of guy I am, the Forum/Club must use any significant event that has occurred proactively and for the betterment of the Club and its members.

Illegal or stupid activity CAN be enforced. This is by way of a Code of Conduct (as with most professions and organised bodies) to be self regulated in a democratic way and dangerous illegal activity can be reported to the relative body (Police etc) for legal process to be initiated.

Please don't think that because an event or incident hasn't ben witnessed by the Police, that it can't proceed to Court. It can! I'm sure that if a member made a report of dangerous and illegal activity to the Police, a statement would be obtained, and investigation conducted and some sort of action will take place.

Traffic law is different to criminal law in as much as the registered owner of the vehicle and the driver of the vehicle are OBLIGED to answer questions in relation to identity and who the custodian/driver of a vehicle was at the time of an incident. Unlike criminal matters, traffic matters do not rely upon admission/confessional material from the driver/custodian as witnesses will suffice.

Reputations of the site owner and members, as well as sponsors and the product (Fo Mo Co) owners are at risk by activity associated with the Club/Forum. There is a lot to protect particularly when it comes to the financial viability of the Club.

I would encourage the Club/Forum members to canvass a suitable defensive driver training programme available for members at a competitive price. I know that a lot of people believe they are good drivers, but the difference between a good driver and one who has good car control is very very wide. A properly trained instructor such as John Bowe's brother will be able to assess the qualities of a good driver with good car control.

As a former member of the Harley Owners Group (HOG) I rode on a number of organised rides. The format, safety briefings, emergency and meeting points as will as appointment (by merit) of Road Captains shows that HOG is best practice when it comes to organised rides. Their format is tried and proven in the USA, Australia and Europe. They are a good starting point for a model to be used for cruises.

Just to recap on the things for discussion:

* A Code of Conduct

* Group defensive driver training

* Inquiries with H.O.G on best practice for cruises

* Track days (in conjunction with other Clubs to minimise cost)

* A review body to encourage proactive change when confronted with a significant event.

* It is also important to realise that members make mistakes and they should be encouraged to acknowledge the error of their ways and make constructive improvements with the aim of continued enjoyment of the comraderie of their fellow members and their chosen product (XR6 Turbo, XR8, Mustang Cobra, T Series, XR6 Twin Cam etc)

Cheers

Grant