Rules For Cruises And Events

Cobra

• TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member For: 21y 2m 19d

once the club is formed and a code of conduct set out, you will also need insurance to cover any events that you organise.

it is expesive but if you join cams you get insurence cover and you can also issue your members with limited cams licences for any events.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Umm...
  • Member For: 20y 10m 29d

Ive been thinking for some crusing rules:

1. If there is a large gap in the convoy and there is a turn ahead, the last car of the front group shold wait behind and direct the cars through the turn.

2. People without CBs should be told to stay in the middle of the convoy or stay in visual contact with a car that has a CB.

3. Have a person with a CB stationed at the rear of the pack.

These are some suggestions, il try and think of some more.

• Upstanding Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 19d

I think the main thing shoudl be a fairly solid clamp down on group wide bad driving practice.

I've been on quite a few Chrysler runs (organised a few too) and we've always factored on travelling about 10km/h below posted limits in the route planning. Always had plenty of stops on the way for people to catch-up, to have words with those that think 170km/h is a aceptable cruising speed, and most importantly shut down any machismo BEFORE it turns into a "what's wrong with your car? Can't keep up with the boys at the front?"

A cruise with a string of 20, 30 or even 100 cars is a great thing to drive in and to see, and with people staying line-astern and travelling safely (ie not weaving up between other road users trying to climb the line) it's a great publicity tool. It takes one knob to make at best Bad PR or worse still a tradgedy.

Keep in mind that insurance companies will investigate claims that occur on organised runs (and some policies even exclude organised runs)... See the scenario below:

We go on cruise, I stack the car thanks to a bit of poorly placed gravel, and oncoming car partially in my lane and bang end up in the trees.. I'm unhurt but car is screwed.

Insurance company investigates, I am honest aboutt he details ... insurance company questiosn witnesses who all saw 20+ XR6s go past some really fast some slow..

Asked which colurs they remember they say "oh the blue one racing the orange one was being a real hoon, way over the speed limit!" Immediately it's assumed that it's my blue car that was racing, not one of my fellow Blueprint owners and basically I'm in a world of pain. Police investigatng the crash get same info and I'm done for Neg drive, reckless endagerment (does that one still exist?) and a few other misc ones... PLonky given the scenario what could you throw at a driver?

Just my thoughts.... My style is to be down the back end of the line enjoying being part of the event not racing ahead of it ;)

A.

• 2 months later...
Guest cul08r
  • Guests

Aaron, my opinion is that with enough witnesses anyone can get done for anything. I wrote off a range rover on a dirt road, single vehicle accident, no passengers, tow truck driver estimated low speed (100 zone) and copped a neg driving ticket. Apparently bcause the cops came they said they had to issue someone with something. Hence a dislike for some of them.

Re the cruise rules, I do quite a few with what some ppl on this forum describe as rice, the WRX club of NSW. 99% of the time, it's guys over 25 (and up to 50s) cruising with their families, despite what ppl think. And I never wear my cap backwards.

It's always good to cruise slow, and be seen. Also make each driver responsibe for the person behind them. They should always be visible. I'm not too keen on the stay in line suggestion though. I like to follow different drivers in different cars to get a full appreciation of a cruise.

Finally, the leader should give out a destination profile and their mobile # so they can be contacted with emergencies...

Andrew

• 3 months later...
  • Team Blueprint
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d

I think the rule we need to follow is one of the Lords.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Simple really, drive like you want the person in front and behind you to drive like.

safely and sanely!

We all do this, we all get home alive, happy and without insurance paperwork to fill in.

my 2 cents worth. :thumbsup:

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 20y 9m 24d

In my opinion ... and it is only my opinion .... we need to (sadly) implement some sort of penality or warning, etc. to anyone who drives irresponsibly on our cruises.

What price a child's life ... or yours ... or mine ... or somebody not on the cruise and just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Driving, by it's very nature, is an extremely dangerous pass-time and I'm not saying we can have incident-free cruises always. I'm just suggesting that we need to change the cruise mentality from one of "I'm a better driver than you, and I'll prove it" to "This is a family day, let's enjoy our cars and actually take in the scenery".

We should also cater to the more aggressive amongst us by providing track days etc., where the theme could (and should) be "I'm a better driver than you, and I'll prove it".

Just a final thought ... I don't want to be on a cruise where I'm constantly trying to "catch up" with the "lead pack". There shouldn't be a "lead pack" as far as I'm concerned.

2.2c

Dont break the road rules,could it be any simpler,dob a knob if that's the case and dont invite the stupid pufta back ,ban him.

Track days are a must have,people that havent been,try it and are hooked..its safe thers an ambo there just in case,its not a race,you drive within your limits.

vik

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d
In my opinion ... and it is only my opinion .... we need to (sadly) implement some sort of penality or warning, etc. to anyone who drives irresponsibly on our cruises.

What price a child's life ... or yours ... or mine ... or somebody not on the cruise and just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Driving, by it's very nature, is an extremely dangerous pass-time and I'm not saying we can have incident-free cruises always. I'm just suggesting that we need to change the cruise mentality from one of "I'm a better driver than you, and I'll prove it" to "This is a family day, let's enjoy our cars and actually take in the scenery".

We should also cater to the more aggressive amongst us by providing track days etc., where the theme could (and should) be "I'm a better driver than you, and I'll prove it".

Just a final thought ... I don't want to be on a cruise where I'm constantly trying to "catch up" with the "lead pack". There shouldn't be a "lead pack" as far as I'm concerned.

2.2c

Everything Ken has said is absolutely spot on.

Something really needs to be done about all this.