Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Thid thread came up about 12 months ago, and I added some pics of my VT with a grey outer and a white inner, with blue stitching... I had the fronts fitted for 18 months and had no complaints other than I wish I went for perforated in the centre bit of the seat. You CAN tell the difference between these and real leather. These are a LOT softer, but I found them very durable, and very very easy to clean. It took me a friday night and full day saturday to do the front seats but we smashed a carton while doing so, and a day to do the rear seats. I didn't do the door inserts, as I was getting them done professionally, but sold the car before hand.

If you want a custom look, and are handy with some zip ties and a stanly knife/kebab sqewer, then you will have no trouble. I found fitting them easier than fitting my Plenum. Follow the instructions to the letter T. Then if you get stuck remember measure 100 times, cut once, lol.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Oh, and go bone, beige, or cream!!!!!!! Trust me, white gets brown marks so easy, we used tim after tim of scotch guard and couldn't stop the white getting dirty, my best mate got light creme, and WOW, stays clean so much better, and doesn't look any worse at all.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Penrith
Posted

Yea no worries I am going to check it out Monday. Gee your game going with a white interior, be a pain to keep clean.

Will post here what I think when I see them.

Hi ENVYOSXR Have you had a chance to visit the shop yet? and if so what is your opinion?

Cheers Mark.

  • Loves boost
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: VIC
Posted

Hi ENVYOSXR Have you had a chance to visit the shop yet? and if so what is your opinion?

Cheers Mark.

Nuh I had the car booked in at Ford on Monday morning to get my hand break fixed, took them longer than expected and didn't leave me enough time to get to hoppers crossing. I have a lot of interstate travel oveer the next month so it might be a little while before I can get there now.

I did have a chat with a mate who does custom car upholstery by trade, he said the leather most car manufactures use isn't genuine leather anyway, most places use part leather part PVC. Makes the material more durable and a hell of a lot easier to keep clean. Also commented that genuine leather looks and smells nice at first but if not looked after all the time and left in the sun, will look crap in 18 months time.

As soon as I visit this place I will post my findings, might take some high quality photos for people to look at.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Has anyone purchased the GTP retrims, as I'm wanting to buy some, but am wanting more pics then the ones shown on their add.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 11d
Posted (edited)

IPut down a deposit on a full leather interior plus GTP seat conversion for my FG a couple of weeks back. Should be installed next weekend hopefully. Will have to post pics I spose

Edited by bunna
  • Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane.
Posted

Has caught my attention as well, only having a ute I need to be sure the seats can fold forward. I was under the impression the genuine GTP seats do not fold.

Posted

GT-P seats do not fold however the Superpursuit seats do, they just run different frames.

  • 4 months later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

Bunna, how did you go with these? Got any pics?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 11d
Posted

They came out great - the GT-P kit is awesome, and the leather quality is fine. The only gripes I had were that my door trims aren't very good - simply leather stretched over my original cloth trim (you can see the perforated material beneath), and the FG seat design means the rear of the front are a little fragile and can come unstuck (as the boys at pitlane performance can attest!). This is more of a factory limitation rather than the fault of the guys at proseat, but something to watch out for nevertheless.

Max took some photos of my seats at the time of my install - suprised they haven't made it onto the website yet. Can't say I have any decent pics sitting around - I might have a good cleanout tomorrow and put some pics up for you guys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...