15,000km Service.

Cro

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 22d

$335

Is that just for a book service, if so that's a :w00t2: rip off Voy.

l paid $270 for my GT and that's with Mobil 1 and l thought l was slightly rodgered.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• voy74656
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d
$335

Is that just for a book service, if so that's a :w00t2: rip off Voy.

l paid $270 for my GT and that's with Mobil 1 and l thought l was slightly rodgered.

Yeah...the charge for the oil change has now been taken off so it should come down to below the $300 mark. I know its expensive but they are fitting all new window switches cause only 1 of them is illuminating; I'm happy with that.

• Team Bute
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 8d

Had my 15k service a fortnight ago....

Same 15W30 oil. Just a few issues with not starting in P (ark) reliably and the heat shield vibration, front brake shudder and slight off-centre steering wheel.

I paid $260 which included wheel alignment ($60) and fitment of QFM pads which I bought at no charge.

I change my oil every 5000km, and seeing as it's a cold winter, I'm not too fussed at the moment.

As summer comes around, I will probably insist on a slightly heavier grade mix to cope with increased thermal loads....

• zeke
  • Member For: 20y 10m 2d

Voy, I get Ford LPG 1540 put in the car because that's what the owner's manual specifies.

I know Ford don't make oil and I think it's packaged in Ford-labelled 5-litre containers by Mobil. BTW, it's the same oil Ford specify for the LPG engines (all as per owner's manual).

My service people have never suggested any other oil and, if they did, I'd ask to see something in writing from Ford that it's OK to use something else.

I first got the oil changed at 3000 and they opened two 5-litre containers and gave me back the one with 3 litres left in it to bring back next time. Same at the next change at 9000 (half way between 3000 and 15000)

I've read all the threads on oil and I haven't yet seen a good reason to use any oil other than that specified by Ford for the T.

• voy74656

exactly..but I remember them saying specs wise to use 15w40....I'm not gunna start another oil war thread but I want to have what ford say should go in there...not what the dealer decides to put in there.....so I just said thanks but no thants..I can do it myself.

• voy74656
:ermm: this has to be a record for the most expensive service ever.....$442 all up...dear god I'm never going back there again for my services. Theres no reason why a service should cost that much....so inflated! I feel totally and utterly ripped off and wrong done by...violated for want of a better word. :ermm::ermm:

Guest ba XR6
  • Guests

man I liked how u got the windows lluminating I might see if I can scam ( not that I mean u scamed anything) something like that since I was going to do it myself because I do have premo sound

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 20d

That is an outrageously expensive service, particularly if you didn't get the oil changed. I paid $180 (I supplied the oil) for my 15,000 service and I thought that was high. Looking at what they do in the service book, it is not a lot. I now only use Ford for the warranty work and get the service done by a mobile mechanic. My 30,000 service was $70 (I did my own oil change at 25,000 so it was not required).

Suggest you go and have a browse of your service book, it is quite clear what is to be done. Then go and do the math. You were ripped off.

I chose the mobile mechanic as I don't lose half a day dropping off and picking up the car.