ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 01/11/09 08:30 PM Posted 01/11/09 08:30 PM Basically I am at my wits end trying to find a driver for my canon eos 300d camera to suit windows vista 32 bit. Any help from one of you tech guru's (and I know you're out there will be much appreciated.Cheers Leigh
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 01/11/09 09:07 PM Posted 01/11/09 09:07 PM not knowing a thing about that camera, but why dont you just buy a card reader compatible with vista and just remove the memory card from the camera and put into the card reader to extract all the photos. Card readers are like $20 or less from an PC place
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/11/09 09:30 PM Posted 01/11/09 09:30 PM I do not know what you mean by "Driver" as it should just auto detec the camera.Check out HEREIt is the european canon download site
BensXR6T Member 478 Member For: 17y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Burpengary QLD Posted 01/11/09 09:36 PM Posted 01/11/09 09:36 PM Hi Leigh,Windows should pick the camera up automatically and import the files for you as long as you haven't set it to take pics in RAW mode.All the drivers and downloads for the 300d can be found hereCheers,Ben
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 01/11/09 10:27 PM Author Posted 01/11/09 10:27 PM It does auto detect the camera when I plug it in but it wont download pics, keeps asking for the installation cd which does not have vista.I have also been to the site that bensxr6t posted and downloaded the first file but still nothing. I think the card reader may be my best bet but I never get a chance to get to the shops lol.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 01/11/09 10:57 PM Posted 01/11/09 10:57 PM Can you browse to the camera folders via My Computer?Then copy/paste from the camera to another folder on your comp.....
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 02/11/09 01:39 AM Author Posted 02/11/09 01:39 AM nah it doesnt show up on my computer.
tmac450 Member 1,650 Member For: 20y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 02/11/09 02:06 AM Posted 02/11/09 02:06 AM I have a 20D, it too won't download onto a PC unless the driver has been installed.I got the Vista drivers from the Cannon website. The 300D is about the same vintage as the 20D, so I'd be surprised if the drivers weren't there.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 02/11/09 02:39 AM Posted 02/11/09 02:39 AM Try changing the way the camera communicates with the PC. On the Setup 2 screen, change the Communication setting from Normal to PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol).http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms792271.aspxAnother way to work around it would be to instal Windows 7 and use the XP console...But getting a card reader would be a cheaper option...
HI PSI Member 1,589 Member For: 20y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Central Queensland Posted 02/11/09 08:10 AM Posted 02/11/09 08:10 AM Please find all of the Vista compatible 300d aplications here....My linkI hope that this helps...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now