Engine Bay Cleaning

GR8XR6

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 1d

Ok I wanna give the engine bay a spruce up! What products do you recommend for cleaning the engine bay? For example what would you use to clean the engine, piping, paint work, etc etc

:bangcomputer:

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 23d

head down to your laser wash and give it a blast with the rinse cycle on the high press hose just make sure u dont blast the coil cover for to long cause the water sometimes gets in and u gotta rip the plugs out and wire brush em and blow em out and stay away from the fuse box the rest is fine I do it all the time

I like to wait 20-30 min with the bonnet up to let the heat get out so that's why I go at night :beerchug:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

I go to the car wash, and select the setting with the engine bay cleaner picture.. Some sort of degreaser comes out, spray all over the bay, then close the bonnet, wash the car normally then pop the bonnet and rinse off the crap in the bay at the end.. Comes out looking shmick!

• Member For: 16y 2m 24d

I hate washing under the bonnet as water and electonics dont mix. If you do need to wash it cos its never been done before,do it once then maintain it with WD 40 as said earlier everytime you wash the car,or just wipe the main areas with a damp cloth. The main connectors behind the passenger headlight are known for holding moisture and causing all soughts of dramas so spray them out with WD40 after washing engine bay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 4d

Just use throttle body cleaner or go down to the car wash place it cost liek $$2 for 3.30 min and give it ago.. just make sure your motor is warm because then the water will dry up if it is in any critical places.. did this for BPT and got told thanx because he didnt need to wash his hands.. haha

• Member For: 15y 4m 20d

If it's really bad - kero with a brush is about the best. Nasty and dirty work but works a treat on really dirty engines. Leave it on for about 15-20 mins and hose it off with a pressure hose or wipe it with rags. Careful of the electrics! If it's not that bad any of the suggestions before will probably work OK. Cheers