Trans Cooler Install

Maximus

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d

Looks top notch chilly! I think I will just use those 2 fittings from ebay and buy my own gear which I'll prob use a B&M transcooler again as it has done well on my BA Turbo for 7years now but it wont be braided hose as I am poor...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 30d

I am trying to fit a PWR cooler in a BA XR6 turbo, if I don't move the inter cooler forward (shorter rubber mounts or modify brackets ?) I will never get it between a/c condenser and inter cooler. A couple of simple brackets will allow fitment with plenty of clearance in front of the inter cooler (up high, mostly out of sight). Iis it OK to do this or will the heat from the trans cooler through the inter cooler cause issues ?

Thanks.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d

what type of cooler have u got

ba's have tunns of room bud I fit my pwr tranny cooler and a rapid v3 cooler all in there and if u do mount the tranny cooler in front of the intercooler the losses are minimal at worst

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 30d

Thanks for your reply.

The trans cooler is the Ba PWR kit, I am sure the inter cooler is stock. Could someone who has fitted one behind the inter cooler please tell me if they were able to use the foam pads supplied with the mounting kit. I don't have enough room even if I don't use the pads.

Thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d

The benifits of working industry, having all tools and materials at your disposal... although I havent started fitting mine yet due to 6 12h days a week for the next month :hang:

• Gold Donating Members

Thanks for your reply.

The trans cooler is the Ba PWR kit, I am sure the inter cooler is stock. Could someone who has fitted one behind the inter cooler please tell me if they were able to use the foam pads supplied with the mounting kit. I don't have enough room even if I don't use the pads.

Thanks

yes the pwr kit fits behind the stock cooler on a ba with the foam mounting "kit"

this is a very basic job post up pics if u still need help

• Gold Donating Members

I hate all you guys that have fitted them to your fg I dnt think I have the skill or equipment to make the the mounting bracket -_-

brackets are overated the cooler full might weigh 1kg do what I did cause it works perfict with one of the biggest coolers on the market for fg "nizpro kit"

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 17d

1kg x cornering g's, yeah you'd want it secured reasonably well.

not that these cars would pull much in a corner, but needs to be taken into account.

Plus looks better hidden in behind a fog light, up under the car Nizpro style etc IMO.

• Like 1