JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/08/09 03:25 AM Posted 06/08/09 03:25 AM Tunehouse is holding a Technical Information Night focusing on the XR6Ts and F6sWhere:Tunehouse11 Chalder Street,MarrickvilleWhen:7:00pm - Tuesday 8th September 2009Agenda:I attended one of these that was held for the XR5 Turbo forum guys and it was pretty interesting. It involved a question and answers session where the guys discussed some of the issues and challenges they were having with their cars and Jim provided his opinion on how to address them. The idea is to keep it simple and compile a list of questions. The list will then be used as a guide to set an agenda for the night.A car will also be put on the dyno and a live demonstration will be given as to the capabilities of the Tunehouse dyno cell.Maybe we should pick a stock FG XR6T or a F6 and let Jim go through and discuss its strenghts and weaknesses? Any ideas?It is anticipated that the info session will finish about 9pm.(Pizza's and drinks will be provided so you can come straight from work !)Everyone is welcome ... It should be a good night and a chance to catch up.List of Questions:- performance upgrade options & impacts- How do you prevent damage & prolong engine & component longevity when modifying and what sort of "servicing schedule" would be recommended?- mods and tuning parameters would you recommend for a car to make it less "peaky" up top and give it a bit more torque to make it pull better lower in the rev range?- suspension and handling-stable boost control, it's importance, and how "tuned" AFR's will vary with temperature and boost....and implications for engine damage.-How does the torque reduction feature work on the FG? and should it be disabled when modding?-what mods (not for performance but more for reliability) would you recommend for these engines.(oil pump gears? etc)- would bouncing the engine off the limiter in BF models be harmful to the engine.- impact of wastegate and actuator mods, and boost control combined with a high flowing exhaust Attendees:jp300BLK6TbennybclJohn_KBionicXR6TTimmy-XR6Twookie_666redbackalarmsrboksic + 1jimmy 1234MAX POWERjonoChris_GregoryTomChronoI will update the above lists as we go ...Cheers John
BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 07/08/09 01:23 PM Posted 07/08/09 01:23 PM Hey John,I am wanting Tunehouse to start looking after my car as discussed with one of the guys there this afternoon on the phone, and want to attend the information night. I think its a fantastic idea.I would love to know more about performance upgrades and what impacts it has on the rest of the car? I.e. if you do a custom dyno tune what direct impact does that have on the transmission or diff, fuel injection system, exhaust etc. When power gets increased without a doubt servicing needs to be more frequent, what should be done and when?I would like to discuss and learn more about these areas to keep up the longevity of my XR6 Turbo.Cheers
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 09/08/09 09:24 AM Posted 09/08/09 09:24 AM Is anyone going to Jim's information night? I think I'll come and have a look if there is going to be a turn out.Benny
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/08/09 09:57 AM Posted 09/08/09 09:57 AM I'll come along. I went to an XR5 information night recently, out of interest, and the guys found it very enjoyable, and are interested in another night.What interests people will depend on their experience with these cars. No shortage of things to discuss.Brian
JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/08/09 12:31 PM Author Posted 09/08/09 12:31 PM Sorry, there are a number of guys who have already spoke to me about being interested in this night. It will definitely happen.I am going to be away this week, Brian can you update the list?
John_K Legacy Donating Member 438 Member For: 17y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/08/09 05:41 PM Posted 09/08/09 05:41 PM (edited) Yep, I'm keen on this. Put me down.Question for the night - How do you prevent damage & prolong engine & component longevity when modifying? Edited 09/08/09 05:46 PM by John_K
JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/08/09 09:42 PM Author Posted 15/08/09 09:42 PM (edited) I'm back in Sydney after travelling around NSW (1500ks) last week in an AVIS FG XR6 na. There might be a white manual FG XR6T at this event !!Good to see a few are keen to come along... Edited 15/08/09 09:44 PM by JP300
RegSpec Cruise Control 1,417 Member For: 19y 9m Gender: Male Location: Macksville NSW. Posted 16/08/09 05:58 AM Posted 16/08/09 05:58 AM (edited) What a great idea.....I'll definately be there As for my question.....I don't really care for top-end KW figures...... So what mods and tuning parameters would you recommend for a car to make it less "peaky" up top and give it a bit more torque to make it pull better lower in the rev range? Edited 16/08/09 10:58 AM by BionicXR6T
Timmy-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 179 Member For: 17y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, Inner South Posted 16/08/09 11:57 PM Posted 16/08/09 11:57 PM Great event, looking forward to it.Count me in.
JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/08/09 09:23 AM Author Posted 17/08/09 09:23 AM Tim has put his hand up to go on the dyno for a demonstration. I think it is a standard car?So it will be interesting to see how it goes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now