GMH8R Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Mt Isa Posted 03/08/09 07:55 AM Posted 03/08/09 07:55 AM Hi guy's I am wondering how many fg's have had this happen. Yesterday when I left supercheap, Just after I started my 08 fg xr6t it said on the dash cluster (dimmer light fault). Car ran fine, figured I'll ring ford today. Left supercheap and went to my inlaws place for half an hour. When I was leaving car tried to start but it just stopped. It then said on the dash Car immobilised, now car won't even turn over. I disconnected the battery for 10minutes. Tried again but same thing but it also says on the ICC screen security system failure. WTF
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/08/09 09:29 AM Posted 03/08/09 09:29 AM looks like the Ford Dumblock has crapped itselfFord service should fix it.
GMH8R Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Mt Isa Posted 03/08/09 10:39 AM Author Posted 03/08/09 10:39 AM Yeah? hope it isn't much. Spoke to ford after work today. They asked my a dozen or so questions. Have I modded it, Has it been tuned, have you done anything at all to it,
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 03/08/09 11:01 AM Posted 03/08/09 11:01 AM Your battery is flat, replace the battery and it will be fine - then get your alternator checked at fraudWe used to get this all the time in the yard
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 03/08/09 11:23 AM Posted 03/08/09 11:23 AM Good to see Ford are still going with their cheap arse batteries.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/08/09 11:31 AM Posted 03/08/09 11:31 AM lol...how old is the car? 12 months + 1 day?
GMH8R Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Mt Isa Posted 04/08/09 11:21 AM Author Posted 04/08/09 11:21 AM Basically mate, Was built late july. Picked it up mid august. Got car back from ford today, It was a loose wire on the control module. Is good now. Ford did annoy me with all the questions. Felt like I was being interogated by the 5 0 lol. What mods have you done? Has any of ya mates done anything to it? are you sure??? blah blah blah.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/08/09 12:00 AM Posted 05/08/09 12:00 AM Good stuff. The 12 month thing was referring to the battery as that's all they are warranted for...but turns out it was something else so it's all good. Was it towed to the dealer?
GMH8R Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Mt Isa Posted 05/08/09 07:44 AM Author Posted 05/08/09 07:44 AM Yeah, lucky it was at my sister inlaws place, Left it there sunday nite. Tow truck was there at 3pm monday, As I asked. Free of charge, Ford fixed it the next day, Very happy. But they must have thort I was that dude on austin powers. I will never tel you, unless you ask the same question 7 times I can't help myself and will tell you on the 8th, lol
mickgibbo Member 41 Member For: 17y 3m 10d Posted 05/08/09 08:05 AM Posted 05/08/09 08:05 AM We had the G6ET Battery die on us within 6 months, rang the dealer up when it happened (5pm) as it wouldnt start and they sent a mechanic out straight away. Mechanic jump started it and we drove it to the dealer. When we go there they had a battery and mechanic there waiting.Replaced battery free of charge with no questions asked except for the trouble shoooting
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now