RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 24d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 20/07/09 11:27 AM Posted 20/07/09 11:27 AM Isnt 95k still under warranty??
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 20/07/09 11:34 AM Author Posted 20/07/09 11:34 AM Isnt 95k still under warranty??nope because its 100000km or 3 years and my cars about 6 weeks or something past the 3 years
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 20/07/09 11:44 AM Posted 20/07/09 11:44 AM that sux major ass dude I feel for ya
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 20/07/09 12:35 PM Author Posted 20/07/09 12:35 PM that sux major ass dude I feel for yayep sucks ass but its pointless losing sleep over it im taking it a gearbox guy I know tomorrow morningI guess time will tell ill post up pics and prices once I find out whats causing the problems cheers trev
South Member 323 Member For: 20y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/07/09 12:59 PM Posted 20/07/09 12:59 PM white, bf, 6speed, 3yrs old, high kms... its not an ex-cop? might of had a hard previous life...Give it a service before you jump at a rebuild.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/07/09 01:33 PM Posted 20/07/09 01:33 PM My money is on a blocked filter, and resulting low pump pressure. I doubt ford would have changed the fluid in 95k
needfordspeed Member 166 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/07/09 01:39 PM Posted 20/07/09 01:39 PM Definitely try ford first, if you got full service history at a dealer I reckon they'll definitely contribute some if not all the costs, 6 weeks is nothing. Make sure you kick up a massive fuss, and also call the ford hotline too.BTW I used to work for ford CRC, that's why I think you got a chance.
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 20/07/09 09:34 PM Posted 20/07/09 09:34 PM Well giveford a go. Just becuase its 2 months out of warranty does not mean they wont assist in one way or another.They may come to the party 50% of the way
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 21/07/09 03:01 AM Author Posted 21/07/09 03:01 AM an update so far the gearbox guy just gave me a call and said its not the gearbox his going to go ahead and do the oil and filter change I was going to do next week anyway since its already thier ?he reckons the engine is causing the problems so any ideas what this could be now the engine makes a slipping sound under load and has no power ? flex plate maybe worse case whats a new engine worth these days or maybe a low km bfmk11 cheers trev
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/07/09 03:15 AM Posted 21/07/09 03:15 AM BF-FG bottom end approx $2600
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now