mickgibbo Member 41 Member For: 17y 3m 13d Posted 19/07/09 08:02 AM Posted 19/07/09 08:02 AM Hey,Does anyone know the usable amount of petrol the FG petrol tank holds?I know the manual says 81ltrsIve had my FG XR6 Ute for awhile and notice it says 80km to empty when there is less then 70ltrs used.I discussed this with the old man who has a G6ET and he has noticed the same.The following info is what the MFD currently displays:Avg Econ.: 11.0ltrs/100kmRange: 114kmsTrip: 546.6Fuel used: 60.2If you do the calcs you would work out the following:Petrol Left: 81-60.2 = 20.8ltrsDist to empty assuming all is usable: 20.8/11.0 = 189kmsYour help would be appreciated.Mick
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 19/07/09 08:18 AM Posted 19/07/09 08:18 AM if ford ever fixes my sender unit might know......I've been told 68 litres
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 19/07/09 08:22 AM Posted 19/07/09 08:22 AM DTE can be a bit of a wild ass guess at times, so take it with a grain of salt.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 19/07/09 08:25 AM Posted 19/07/09 08:25 AM Sedans are 68L but Utes are larger at 81LThe Range calculation is always changing, so depending on how you've been driving it may correspond with the Average consumption or it may not
Bucks Member 31 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 19/07/09 08:26 AM Posted 19/07/09 08:26 AM f6 manual says 68 litres. assuming it's exactly the same as xr6t.hope that helps.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/07/09 08:26 AM Posted 19/07/09 08:26 AM Big margin of safety in there. You can "use" every last drop in your tank, but it will be flashing and screaming at you well before then.
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 19/07/09 08:30 AM Posted 19/07/09 08:30 AM I filled mine today....it was beeping down to 20km filled it ,it only took 56L...
mickgibbo Member 41 Member For: 17y 3m 13d Posted 19/07/09 09:11 AM Author Posted 19/07/09 09:11 AM Sedans are 68L but Utes are larger at 81LThe Range calculation is always changing, so depending on how you've been driving it may correspond with the Average consumption or it may notThe trip I did this afternoon was 90% highway and the range didnt jump (the figures above are what I got when I got home.)My old Hilux (2004 model) just has a petrol light which came on at 10ltrs remain which was very good as I knew how far I would get out of it. and better for planning on longer trips.tab - thanks.
ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 20/07/09 02:24 AM Posted 20/07/09 02:24 AM Mine's being looked at as we speak, there's a thread on it elsewhere I think you'll find.68 for the sedans as far as I'm aware - and this is the third time mine's been looked at for sender issues
South Member 323 Member For: 20y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/07/09 05:17 AM Posted 20/07/09 05:17 AM Why is it a big issue for how much it reports left? When the needle gets to qtr then fill, unless your using the vehicle for long distance outback touring, your not going to have an issue with finding a petrol station, even in the outback your not going to have an issue. I can understand that if the gauge is not working then your in a bit of a pickle. Its there as a very loose guide, its not fact.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now