Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Loitering in SEQ
Posted

Was awesome & what a top bloke. We only did the pump fuel tunes on 20psi it made 434rwkw & at 26 it made 521rwkw. We decided that was enough cause we still have the race fuel tune to go. It runs like a different car & amazingly everything works again. Will hopefully get down there again after my first stint & really winde it up

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted (edited)

FMD! that's awesome. easy 10's there maybe even a 9 if you can hook it up.

Dave is a champ isn't he, I'm still a litle bit away from my next visit to see him, but I'm saving!

Edited by mattyb
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Loitering in SEQ
Posted

Im only gonna run the small tune down the track to try & do a 10 in complete street trim. I plan to take it back to dave & get it tuned just before we race it & someones has kindly offered to lend me a set of full slicks for the occassion so we have a proper crack at it when we get the chance. It'll be in mackay to give it every chance to do the best we can.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

what mods did they do to your ZF? Did you blow it up, or just get it strengthened 'just in case'?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Loitering in SEQ
Posted

I smashed the oil pump, damaged the converter & twisted the input shaft within an inch of smashing as well. Obviously we replaced the broken parts plus added a heat treated input shaft, new & more clutch packs, machine tolerated the pistons & probably a few other things but that's the guist of it I think. I havent had much of a chance to give it a hiding but so far its been perfect.

The packs were in pretty good shape because I serviced it & was I pretty easy on it apart from down the track & the usual stuff but replaced them while it was in bits.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posted

wat power were you poushing through it when it broke? how many K's. I'm being nosey as in august I'm gonna get the automatic shop in rocky to do a service on the tranny, and see how she looks. It hasn't missed a beat touch wood, but after blowing my motor am being a little cautious. lol.

  • Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Atherton, FNQ
Posted

Hey qik1 can you pm me blueboost's phone number by any chance

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cairns QLD
Posted

hmmm has the bug bitten Lee? :buttrock:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Loitering in SEQ
Posted

It made 430rwkw but it never proved it on the track, it was what I was doin at the time not so much how power it was making, I wasnt doin anyting I shouldnt of been doin but rather something dumb if that makes sense lol.

  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Far north queensland
Posted

I'm pretty sure that much torque and MT's had something to do with it. :blink:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...