Under-Pants Member 2,103 Member For: 18y 3m 4d Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/07/09 02:43 AM Posted 03/07/09 02:43 AM A timeless classic. Not that I could afford a set for the next 117,000 years, they were always the dream.RIP Simmons
Chich Damn You's A Sexy Chich Member 3,843 Member For: 18y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Your House Posted 03/07/09 04:25 AM Posted 03/07/09 04:25 AM that's all I have to say about that...
xr_velocity Legacy Donating Member 290 Member For: 19y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/07/09 04:49 AM Posted 03/07/09 04:49 AM There are other 3 piece wheel makers out there, but Simmons is an Aussie icon. I remember having a set on our VK station wagon as a kid. THat was back when they had plastic centre caps. As has already been said, a muscle car is not finished without a set of Simmons, anything else is only half way.In my opinion, you can not get a better looking wheel than a 12 inch wide gold centred FR19. All that dish just makes you envious. I'd trade my ROH Modenas for a set of Simmons anyday.:(
EDXR8Sprint Member 105 Member For: 19y 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/07/09 06:08 AM Posted 03/07/09 06:08 AM Someone will have had to have picked up the designs, surely?I am mildly pissed off that I stuffed around and never ordered a set of FR19s for the ED now.I heard all the talk and dismissed it as internet rumour, I should have paid more attention RIP Simmons Wheels, Aussie muscle cars won't be the same without you.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/09 06:15 AM Posted 03/07/09 06:15 AM (edited) that looks perfect with the 18's man..whats that guys name in your pic up there plums, is it aaron? looks real familiar. Edited 03/07/09 06:16 AM by XR06T
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 03/07/09 06:17 AM Posted 03/07/09 06:17 AM he was trying to sell it for a while......I think the problem was he wanted to much for the name?????
tinyplums Member 1,080 Member For: 18y 1m 28d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/09 06:51 AM Posted 03/07/09 06:51 AM keiran, guy in my pic is just one of my mates by the name of Paul. I am a little dark, was too concerned about trying to get fr20's for the fg, I saw no point in getting 19's if I could get my hands on 20's. what a mistake.
Under-Pants Member 2,103 Member For: 18y 3m 4d Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/07/09 10:24 AM Posted 03/07/09 10:24 AM RE the 20's... Tocchi will be
Rhino1980 09JET Member 1,510 Member For: 17y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: E. Maitland Posted 06/07/09 08:19 AM Posted 06/07/09 08:19 AM Just heard Simmons Wheels are closed due to Tony Simmons retirement. Has anyone heard wether someone else will aquire the designs/moulds? Glad I got those B45's for my Kewie now
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 06/07/09 08:35 AM Posted 06/07/09 08:35 AM McMerged
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now