Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 12/06/09 03:42 AM Posted 12/06/09 03:42 AM (edited) Of course a few extra coinage is required for the higher octane and better fuel, but the price gap from 91 is getting out of hand. Most of us use the 98 stuff but when 91 is listed at 121.9 and then you reach the bowser to see 98 at 139.9, you start to cry fraud. Why has the diffference gotton so big and when did it all of a sudden happen are the real questions some answers are needed for. A few years back we all put up with 8c difference and then 95 started popping up which pushed 98 to 10-12c more but now where at 18c difference, where will it end.How could they justify this growing divide but then again they never have to justify any of there other forms of pricing. My passenger said ask the question at the counter but then I saw the typical service station attendant and knew I would get absolutely nowhere but a thankyou and please come again.Overall it really is only a few extra $$$ per tank that I couldnt care less about, but if you start to multiply this quasi fraud that were all putting up with then $$$ is more like $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.I.B. Edited 12/06/09 03:43 AM by Iconic Bionic
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 10m Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 12/06/09 03:52 AM Posted 12/06/09 03:52 AM yep im with you iconic, also what is with the .9 of a cent, if it is advertised out the front and on the bowser as being $1.21 why am I getting charged $1.21999 a litre that makes it $1.22, sure its only 50c a tank, times that by the 52 tanks a year and its an extra $26.00 a year I did not spend
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 13d Location: Perth WA Posted 12/06/09 03:58 AM Posted 12/06/09 03:58 AM more people want 98 nowadays so there's more demand therefore more profit to be made for the poor struggling oil sheiks etc.. sucks balls but what can ya do about it
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 12/06/09 04:10 AM Posted 12/06/09 04:10 AM I was only complaining about this on Wednesday when I got to the bowser and saw the price difference. It seems they've decided just recently they want to increase the profit on 98. The fuel companies really seem like a protected industry that can charge whatever they wish. The government doesn't care, the more fuel costs the more tax they get.Benny
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 12/06/09 04:44 AM Posted 12/06/09 04:44 AM 'sALot of people say "I don't care about the price of fuel, its only a couple of cents..." 1,2 or maybe 3cpl no worries, but when you are getting jacked by almost 20cpl it starts to add up over the year, I know when I first got my car it was $65 bucks max to fill her up, now its closer to $80 for a full tank on Tuesdays. that's getting closer to $800 per year extra to run my car...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/06/09 04:46 AM Posted 12/06/09 04:46 AM I don't buy premium any more
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/06/09 05:08 AM Posted 12/06/09 05:08 AM My local BP was 10c p/l more for the Ultimate 98 over ULP, then last year Shell in NSW could not supply 98RON fuel.Overnight the BP jacked up the margin by 3c p/l more, so it was then 13c difference. I put in a complaint against them with the ACCC as it was price gouging.The ACCC said they did not care about PULP prices only ULP, as PULP was a low demand high margin fuel.Lets say that I stopped using BP and went to Mobile who were still at 10c premium. I have noticed that the standard for most servos is a 15c p/l differenc between 91 and 98 RON fuels. It is a rippoff, but we are forced to pay for it as cars that generally require this fuel are driven by more wealthy drivers.Ist is now almost cheaper to add octane booster to every tank as each fill is now over $12 more than ULP
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 29d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 12/06/09 05:17 AM Posted 12/06/09 05:17 AM I wonder how one of our cars would go with a 91 octane tune lol.... no doubt it would suck hard but im sure alot of people could happily sacrifice a few KW on a daily tune.meh, I do 8,000kms a year if im lucky in my ute.... 98 is fine!
xr0500 Legacy Donating Member 321 Member For: 20y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Hobart, TAS Posted 12/06/09 05:28 AM Posted 12/06/09 05:28 AM Try filling up at $1.56 for ultimate.....And the quality isnt as good!!!I love Tasmania
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 12/06/09 07:36 AM Author Posted 12/06/09 07:36 AM The ACCC said they did not care about PULP prices only ULP, as PULP was a low demand high margin fuel.I got the same respones a few years back when I asked why they didnt have to display the price of the higher octane stuff out the front. Your pretty much screwed with whatever the price is when you drive up to the bowser and it also allows them to charge what ever they want.I.B.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now