ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 02/06/09 11:34 AM Author Posted 02/06/09 11:34 AM Hmmm. No belt and no alternator charging.Wouldn't that put the battery light on on the dash?yeah the battery light came on
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 03/06/09 07:31 AM Posted 03/06/09 07:31 AM same thing happened to me a couple of years ago when I was on a skidpan just noticed my powersteering gone so stopped n popped the bonnet and the plastic pulley was melted straight off! Why do they use plastic pulleys? ive seen metal ones before. my mates have 300zxs and they freaked out when they saw the pulley was plastic.
robbo k Member 414 Member For: 18y 6m Location: Wollongong Posted 04/06/09 12:17 AM Posted 04/06/09 12:17 AM (edited) that's what happeneds when a bearing heats up the plastic pully lol. I have had it happen to me b4 not on my falcon but another car I owned. Edited 04/06/09 12:17 AM by robbo k
bfxrtute Member 5 Member For: 18y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: North Brisbane Posted 04/06/09 03:38 AM Posted 04/06/09 03:38 AM My mechanic suggested I change this pulley at a service about 18 months ago. He put on a full metal aftermarket one for me cause he'd seen a few go on other ba/bf's. Glad he did after seeing those pics.
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 04/06/09 09:44 AM Posted 04/06/09 09:44 AM (edited) Who do metal replacements - from memory it might have been atomic?Are there any downsides? Increased weight I 'spose..... Edited 04/06/09 09:45 AM by Ghia
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 04/06/09 11:27 AM Posted 04/06/09 11:27 AM (edited) Might be noisyer too. Edited 04/06/09 11:29 AM by PHANTMXR6
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 04/06/09 06:39 PM Author Posted 04/06/09 06:39 PM Ross make them.http://www.rossperformanceparts.com/timing...ve_systems.html
spine Legacy Donating Member 642 Member For: 20y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Footscrayastan Posted 04/06/09 07:18 PM Posted 04/06/09 07:18 PM Any idea what the kit is worth?
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 04/06/09 07:29 PM Author Posted 04/06/09 07:29 PM Any idea what the kit is worth?I will find out mate, considering Ross is sponsoring my new race car I think I may be able to get some kits at a good price.
spine Legacy Donating Member 642 Member For: 20y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Footscrayastan Posted 04/06/09 07:39 PM Posted 04/06/09 07:39 PM Thanks mate, BTW, what the f*ck are you doing up so early?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now