RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 05/06/09 07:59 AM Posted 05/06/09 07:59 AM My wifes a hoon, and now that she knows the traction control stops the wheelspin, she's not affraid to give it a boot full... once this has 400+ I'm sure she wont want to drive it anymore lol
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 5d Posted 05/06/09 08:06 AM Posted 05/06/09 08:06 AM Ha! My car gets plenty sideways enough with traction control on for me not to worry about tuning it off too often, let alone the missus!
davocol Member 52 Member For: 23y 10m 15d Gender: Male Posted 06/06/09 02:45 AM Posted 06/06/09 02:45 AM Your not wrong, same here. All this new technology is just making her want to drive it harder and more often!My wifes a hoon, and now that she knows the traction control stops the wheelspin, she's not affraid to give it a boot full... once this has 400+ I'm sure she wont want to drive it anymore lol
thekman Member 2 Member For: 17y 8m 4d Posted 16/06/09 09:46 PM Posted 16/06/09 09:46 PM In my opinion, (I have g6et) If you look at the whole package of both cars they cater to different tastes obviously, I dont think it comes down to just one car is better value than the other kind of thing...My missus loves the g6et but not the xr6 just because of the hoon factor and the fact that the xr6's are pretty common, they look nice enough though...One caters to the sport hoon factor and one to the class and style factor, and a little bit understated but not granpa, they are fairlanes huh...
thefuture Member 46 Member For: 17y 4m 10d Posted 17/06/09 02:01 AM Posted 17/06/09 02:01 AM Ha! My car gets plenty sideways enough with traction control on for me not to worry about tuning it off too often, let alone the missus!Same thing for me with the traction control. Maybe its my limited knowledge on the DSC, but it seems to bag it up quite a bit with the DSC turned on and a foot to the floor. Stupid me thought it got rid of it all together and when I got the thing I put the foot down and it was screechin like nothing else. Now im just trying to work the throttle to get max speed without losing traction. Maybe its my sh!te tyres. It kinda concerns me though if im going to go down the mod path for more power. Just my $0.02
KeepLeft Member 240 Member For: 17y 2m 29d Gender: Male Posted 04/07/09 12:53 PM Posted 04/07/09 12:53 PM What's with all the people saying the G6ET is an older person's car at the start of the thread? I'm 25 and I bought a new one a couple of months ago. I just thought every thing about it was far better then the XR6T and the other's brand's v8 thing that's not worth mentioning.As for the stability control... Sometimes it comes on too early in my opinion. However, one in the wet I had the car sideways quite a bit before it came on. I don't know much about how it works, but I do find it a bit hit and miss and I'd never rely on it to fix any problems related to having the foot down too much.
KeepLeft Member 240 Member For: 17y 2m 29d Gender: Male Posted 04/07/09 12:54 PM Posted 04/07/09 12:54 PM A G6ET wouldn't even make a cop blink.I can vouch for this. It's brilliant. Discrete yet powerful.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/07/09 12:03 AM Posted 05/07/09 12:03 AM Dunno mate, yet to turn 30 myself. Tall poppy syndrome I guess
ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 05/07/09 12:27 AM Posted 05/07/09 12:27 AM I'm the right side of 30 myself. And yes I've had some interesting situations in the wet - a new tyre as soon as these ones run down a bit more will hopefully help! These ones are seriously happy to slip at even the slightest push of the right pedal in the wet
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/07/09 12:33 AM Posted 05/07/09 12:33 AM Just a unwarranted stereotype then I guess....bit like the one saying that all F6 owners are pretentious wankers. And we know that's not correct don't we!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now