roadster Member 97 Member For: 17y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Werribee Posted 15/05/09 11:16 PM Posted 15/05/09 11:16 PM I have been looking for a tune around the werribee area and have given up on the idea of finding one im happy with. Example Quote "to get these turbos going you need a tune and a cat back exhaust. and that will be $1600 thanks. Would not believe me that the Cat was the biggest restriction in the exhaust and past the cat was fine pretty much told me I had no idea anyway not going back there.Anyway I am planning on a Flash boxCustom tune 60lb injectors ( brand that the tuner I select is happy with)Rapid Cooler V1.0 and piping the one using the standard airbox and crossoverTyphoon lower snokle K&NHigh flow cat (still looking into this)So I know there is nobody local so am willing to travel thurther out as far as cranbourne.Can people put there recommendations through with a score out of ten this will sure reduce the amount of travelling I need to do to find someone.Any help or comments would be great
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/09 11:27 PM Posted 15/05/09 11:27 PM Go to Pitlane bloke. Mick won't stuff you around. He'll explain as much or as little as you want to know, he'll give you honest pricing and do a great job of it
F6_Charlie Legacy Donating Member 1,001 Member For: 22y 1m 9d Gender: Male Posted 15/05/09 11:38 PM Posted 15/05/09 11:38 PM I totally agree mick at pitlane is your man to go see mate. Good honest bloke that knows his stuff and wont stuff you around.
whistler6 Member 417 Member For: 19y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 15/05/09 11:47 PM Posted 15/05/09 11:47 PM I agree with aswell! Pit Lane!
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 15/05/09 11:51 PM Posted 15/05/09 11:51 PM Mick is really puttin the numbers on the board in Melb right now, so go with him I'd say.. Havent had any experience with him but from what I've gathered hes the bloke for the job at the minute..
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/05/09 11:58 PM Posted 15/05/09 11:58 PM I think the trick is to be up on what does work and spot the tuners with NFI and avoid them.The sponsors here would not be in business if they did the wrong thing as many of the forum members use them and would report a genuine consern to the other members.This is not to say there are great non sponsor tuners, but like anything you want some form of assurance before you spend your hard earned.If Pitlane is nearby, then they seem to be a popular choice and look after their clients.Just be thankful you could smell the BS from that tuner before you spent the money and then came here to find the truth.
roadster Member 97 Member For: 17y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Werribee Posted 16/05/09 12:40 AM Author Posted 16/05/09 12:40 AM Forums like these are fantastic for info. Sure helps to take the some of the guessing out of things. Pit lanes about 1.5 - 2 hours away but looks like it may well be worth it. Thanks heaps for the replies
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 16/05/09 12:50 AM Posted 16/05/09 12:50 AM A fuel pump would be a good addition to that list.
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 6d Gender: Male Posted 16/05/09 05:51 AM Posted 16/05/09 05:51 AM Ive been to a few tuners over the years and I must say mick @ pitlane's work is second to none, I will take every car I ever own down to that place for the rest of my life.Apart from being the best tuner, people seem to forget that he is also your every day mechanic, for servicing,fault finding etc , so you wont de dissapoitned mate well worth the drive
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Gender: Male Posted 16/05/09 07:44 AM Posted 16/05/09 07:44 AM I would personally recommend Chris & Theo from BluePower Racing Developments or Mick at PitLane, but keep in mind that will be a good 2hr drive as you say..Both of these shops have been great and I can honestly say after doing the rounds with many tuners in Melbourne, that these 2 know their stuff and have fantastic customer service.I have found BluePower to be fastidious with my car and this suited me and my car perfectly.They are also located closer to you in this case.
Recommended Posts