Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

RDP ( Real Dyno Performance) are located in Redcliffe and seem to have happy customers from what members have posted up

BTW , welcome to the nuthouse :spoton:

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d
Posted

Hey Peeps! Just joined this site & this is my second post, but first on this thread. Have just bought a 2009 FG XR6T Violet colour and I am stoked! Upgraded from a '92 Falcon EBII so yeah HUGE improvement! My 3rd car in 23 years of driving LOL. It's an ex-cop car & I picked it up at the ex Govt auctions here in Brisbane for $25,600 + $1700 Rego & stamp duty. GR8 price! LOVE the Violet colour & she actually does turn heads :-D. Best thing I have ever bought. I am a total noob with cars but I wanna learn more now as it's my new interest.

I am about to drop her off for her 60,000km service. She drives very nicely except interior lights & boot lights don't work I reckon cause it used to be a cop car and uses to have more electrical rubbish in it which they removed and this may have buggered the electrics. What dows the 60,000 service involve? Any advice on what I should ask for?

I want to start modding soon so will be using this website for more advice. Go the XR6T's!

T-Sweet

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d
Posted

Some more things...being an ex-cop FG XR6T, has it had a tune or not? I am getting mixed messages from these threads (I have read alot of threads). Would it have had anything else done to it like premium brakes (she stops on a dime). When I bought her at the auction 2 months ago it said "No statutory warranty" which implies to me that 1)- Ford either doesn't want to insure her cause our friends in the force would have thrashed the living s@#t off her (even though she drives VERY well), or 2)- They have modded the car which does void the statutory warranty. Any clarity on this issue would be most appreciated! Rgds,

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Myth busters, the cops do not mod the tunes . period.

I think NSW may have a requirement to run upgraded brakes however.

At least you know the car has been run in properly( drive it like you stole it)

So no dramas there. You should still retain the balance of the warranty AFAIK,

In terms of service/tuners , use any of the sites advertisers.

They have been working on these cars for nearly 9 years, and will

know more about these cars than the pimply chimps Fraud will have working on your car.

And being performance shops, there is no race or hope of picking up the pies for morning tea.

I have modded 3 of these cars, Fraud only sees them for non modded warranty items.

Hope this helps and BTW welcome

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d
Posted

Hi Buf-Phoon. Thanks for the response and the clarity on the issue of ex cop cars. I will also try to remind my mates that these cars aren't chipped or modded!

Anyway...my goal is to update the air intakes, exhaust, install hi-speed cat, new chip, but keep the engine bay as factory appearence as possible (as I quite like the standard engine appearence). Looking forward to catching up with other XR6T lovers and going for a SE Qld spin sometime. Cheers, T-Sweet.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

Hi all new to the site,

I just brought a 07 mk2 bf with 66thou on the clock and it came with a growler cold air intake are they any good?

And what do you need to clean the filter?

any info would be great

Thanks

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

There alright, autobahn/ supercheap etc sell filter oil & cleaner. That's if they come with a Washable filter. Pm SS inductions there a site sponsor.

  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Hey Mk2,

I have a Growler SS induction kit on my BA XR6T that came with the car when I bought it. It is better than the stock intake and has a really nice intake noise.

How it compares to other intakes, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't get rid of it for another unless you are chasing big power and it will no longer suit.

Now that you mention it, I think mine could use an oil/clean as well :spoton:

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'd say better then an F6 one but not as good as an airbox, mainly because of the intake path. Having said that people have made big power with just an F6 one just not as efficiently as they would with an airbox, and it would take longer to spool up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...