First Mods Thread!

NVT

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

Hey Matty,

Welcome to the forums...(I guess?) Congratulations on the new car - Looks tops :blink:

As I said, there are plenty of ways to go about modding your car, which you know as well from this thread.

As yours is a BF, you may go straight for injectors, Fuel Pump, F6 CAI, IC and a tune. Or any other combination of parts you can think of - The choice is yours. Just set a budget and a power level you're interested in reaching and go from there.

All the best with your choices, and if you have any drama's - Post away :spoton:

Cheers,

Dan

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 27d

lovin those wheels mattyb and like you ive recently bought a 03 xr6t BA but after reading this thread I feel quite bummed out...for one Im in lil old NZ and those parts would be alot more expensive here plus secondly I have a BA which from what ive seen in this thread doesnt seem to be all that great. Ive heard lots of rumours about the computers in BA's being real :beerchug: I want to use every bit of power the engine has... so does this mean I should start with getting my car tuned or add small cheapish parts in like air intake and so on???

post-35221-1242518521_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

Hey osonvs,

The BA's are not a BAD car, but require stronger parts if you are chasing big power. My BA Running 240rwkw/300 at the fly was such an improvement over stock, you'd never want to go back...

It held that power fine, and was awesome to drive.

The computers are fine, they just need to be 'tweaked' to suit the car better.

What power are you chasing and how much do you have to play with? To get the best power out of your car, try the $2K option. You can get that power without the aftermarket cat, so it's a little over $1500 for 240rwkw.

This includes the Flash/Dyno tune, Box and F6 CAI. (The cat will aid the car in holding the power more easily. That means that the car can more easily cope, and will result in less strain on the vehicle. I had no aftermarket cat on mine and I ran 240rwkw quite easily.)

Add what you want BEFORE you tune as each change requires the car to be tuned again to accomodate for the new modifications.

Cheers mate and all the best,

Regards,

Dan

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members

No worries mate!

:bowdown:

All the best with it. If you need anything else, just post. Please let us know what you decide to do, and how it goes.

Cheers,

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 20d

I've had a XR6 turbo for about half a year now, joined and became a paid member here within days seeking some basic info. I've noticed that dozens of others also ask these questions, but very few get consistent answers. Six months on, I still haven't found answers to the following questions and have on and off spent six months trying to get these answered: -

1. Where can I get an XR8 bonnet (websites please!), in steel, carbon fibre, or even fiberglass (they don't melt, they let a heap of heat out, some dip told me they warp and stuff but I've known many people with them and they haven't warped, even if they did they're that cheap you could throw it away!)

2. Where can I get the bodykit with the carbon fibre / blacked out inserts that you see everywhere, they're usually referred to as GT's or Typhoons or all kinds of things when you google image search them, but when I track down the body kits of the cars mentioned they're painted front ends without the black inserts. If you don't know what I mean, top left corner of any page on this site, that yellow thing has the front end I'm after. Does anyone have any links to companies selling them?

3. Where can I find over-the-top GT stripes for bonnet, roof and boot? I've found lots of side stripes, but I've seen a heap of XR6T's running around with GT's and they look awesome. The theme of my car would be set off perfectly with them, because it's green with a black heavy (black side lines, black mags, soon to be black front inserts if someone can answer question 2) and I really want to track them down without having to get them custom cut.

4. Could we get a clean up of, or a compilation of, easy steps to modifying our XR6T's? I've never owned a turbo, or a heavyily computer regulated vehicle, so I'm scared I'll fsck it up, but I really want to run good times and most of all, enjoy this beautiful machine.

Can someone point me in the direction of links that answer these questions, be they companies, or DIY sites or ... anything? PLEASE? I'm sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum, but my questions above would be in four different sub-forums on this site, and they're such simple things that I've seen at least 50 people repeatedly ask in the past, all usually getting written responses of "See Tim from Toorak automotive." (which is great, but I'm in NSW ...) so I thought I'd clump them together.

Oh, also, I've seen a LOT of XR6T's running with very identical boost and something else guages on the panel of the dash to the drivers left hand side (center console location), what are they and where do we get them? They seem MADE for our cars, so it's also another mod that I think would classify as a 'newbs' mod that I and others would probably love!

• Member For: 15y 2m 26d

A good thing to mention is what sort of falcon do you have? BA, BF or FG?

1. Where can I get an XR8 bonnet (websites please!), in steel, carbon fibre, or even fiberglass (they don't melt, they let a heap of heat out, some dip told me they warp and stuff but I've known many people with them and they haven't warped, even if they did they're that cheap you could throw it away!)

The XR8 bonnet for BA-BF models can be found by a simple google search. There's quite a few websites that sell them, but the best I've found is Fibre Sports and Bogan special .com.au. Both sell them, along with quite a few other exterior kits.

Fibre Sports (Fibreglass): http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=88 (right at the bottom)

Fibre Sports (Carbon Fibre): http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=284 (right at the bottom as well)

Bogan special .com.au: http://Bogan special .com.au/product.php?1408

If you're looking for a FG XR8 bonnet, then have a look around the Market thread of this forum; it's hard to find them at the moment, so most likely you'll have to buy genuine.

2. Where can I get the bodykit with the carbon fibre / blacked out inserts that you see everywhere, they're usually referred to as GT's or Typhoons or all kinds of things when you google image search them, but when I track down the body kits of the cars mentioned they're painted front ends without the black inserts. If you don't know what I mean, top left corner of any page on this site, that yellow thing has the front end I'm after. Does anyone have any links to companies selling them?

The FPV FG body kit parts are not available; the only thing you can get at the moment is the XR spoiler. Have a look on ebay or in the Market thread of this forum for second hand ones; it's unlikely to find them easily, though.

If you have a BA or BF, then you can find the FPV BA/BF GT Bodykit of Fibre Sports as well. Links below.

Fibre Sports BA GT: http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=228

Fibre Sports BF GT: http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=408

Bogan special BA/BF GT Bodykit: http://Bogan special .com.au/product.php?BKP073

Bogan special BA/BF Typhoon Bodykit: http://Bogan special .com.au/product.php?BKP075

3. Where can I find over-the-top GT stripes for bonnet, roof and boot? I've found lots of side stripes, but I've seen a heap of XR6T's running around with GT's and they look awesome. The theme of my car would be set off perfectly with them, because it's green with a black heavy (black side lines, black mags, soon to be black front inserts if someone can answer question 2) and I really want to track them down without having to get them custom cut.

Not sure. Have a look on ebay for some, or check around the forums. A simple google search of "Ford GT stripes" brought up an ebay seller that had the side stripes, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find the bonnet ones.

4. Could we get a clean up of, or a compilation of, easy steps to modifying our XR6T's? I've never owned a turbo, or a heavyily computer regulated vehicle, so I'm scared I'll fsck it up, but I really want to run good times and most of all, enjoy this beautiful machine.

Modifying them yourself? I wouldn't even go near that. Have a look around the forums for some tips, there's quite a few. Otherwise, check out the Sponsors part of the forums, and find a tuner in your city and speak to them. You're better off going to professionals than trying to do a backyard job and breaking something. Also again, mention if you have a BA, BF or FG falcon, will be easier to assist you.

Edited by Arkayne
  • Like 1