Tassie Chat

Sleeper6T

• Member For: 14y 7m 26d

hey all,

I'm new round here, bought myself an '04 xr6t few light mods a couple of weeks ago. Awesome car, just wondering if there is many members from up the northwest coast, seems to be fairly quiet up this way?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 4d

g'day boys! just thought id let ya's know that theres soon to be another modded T in tassie! ive recently purchased a o5 BF mk2 6spd man! im off too see mick at pit lane in early december. im chasing round the 270/280 kw mark.

• Member For: 14y 7m 2d

Hello,

Just got a standard 2003 BA XR6 Ute and wondering where the best place to get it serviced in Hobart is?

Can anyone recommend a place and also if you guys know the best place for Auto transmission service?

Cheers

• Member For: 16y 7m 6d

Welcome to the new members,

Hope to see you around sometime if your in the Hobart area. For servicing your car or modding it in TAS, Howell Automotive is the go I would say, Pro Automotive does mainly holdens / V8's, I went in and had a chat to the guys there and they weren't too confident about the XR6T, so I'd say stick with Howell, they have a clean looking workshop and are more focussed on Turbo cars and they have the CAPA software, I heard someone with an XR6 Turbo ute got 350rwkw out of Howell recently??.

Ultimately if you want a good safe tune by the experts, take the trip on the boat to VIC and get it done right, there are MANY reputable tuners on the mainland, I currently am running a Horsepower Factory tune and I have been very happy with it, but there are many others like Pitlane Performance (where I will be taking my car next), G&D, CV Performance, and a whole range of others whom I probably have left out (sorry).

Good luck with the cars guys, and if you arent too sure on what mods to get or your new to turbo cars, jump over to the site sponsors section on here and look for for Rapid Systems and read his thread on how to make a quick XR6 Turbo, it is a post I wish I had read before I modded my car as I would have probably made more power, had the car looking and sounding better, and still saved money.

F6T the trip to VIC would be awesome as that is where I am from, but I wont have the $$$ this side of xmas, so you'll have to count me out. I'm still dying to see your car since you got it back too.

I'm also pretty sure I found another forum member the other night too, and seen it again last night, purple T with stickers of stars of the back window??

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 3m 27d

Im Brett, Im on the easternshore waiting to take delivery of a 2003 XR6t manual from NSW in acid rush.

I currently drive a 02 magna sedan with a body kit and a stripe, (white car with gunmetal grey stripe) big 19's was just about to manual that one but cant be farked anymore just wanting more power and modding a magna is expensive but I do love the look when nailing them hahaha now big dollars on the turbooooooooooooooo :)

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

Hey everyone - visiting from Perth for the Xmas period, nice bit of country, but I wish I'd brought my car over to drive here! Maybe next time...

Spotted one orange B series turbo on the way from the airport but good luck getting me to remember what the area was let alone road name hahaha...

Have a good new year you lot :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

On the day I left I spotted these two:

Phoon action! Oops I mean Tornado.

IMG_2945crop.jpg

LOL

Phone003crop.jpg

Edited by -SteveR-

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 4d

hey fellas! just thought id let ya's know that this tuesday coming my xrt goes in for its first tune at howell automotive! cant wait! im interested to know if any other xrt's have been tuned there? im chasing 280rwkw, and ill let ya's know how it goes.