Tassie Chat

Sleeper6T

• Member For: 16y 3m 1d

G'day Big Fella,

Yeah, Rodney's the man. Has done all my work (except when the car had to go to nizpro to have the exhaust fitted and tuned in) on my phoon and my xh previously. WOuld trust the guy with my life. So are you just having the tune done? Anything else at the same time? BA or BF mate?

Timmy, welcome aboard mate. Not sure on cost these days, have you already brought your flash box?

Keen to hear your results fellas.

• Member For: 14y 1m 11d

been hearing bit of a flutter in mid rev range under the hood sounded exhaust like and a fluttery idle so I decided to clean throttle body and check the usual turbo to exhaust manifold bolts two find the two bottom ones missing and two top ones lose fine I though 6.60 part for the studs from tilford pitty about having to take the exhaust manifold and turbo off to fit them

so used car warranty cllaim because I dnt particualy want to have to pull all that off a car I just paid 23k for hopefully not a hint of things to come with the car because besides that problem I love it awsome car awsome power hate driving anything else now :D :D

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 5d

gday f6t! had my tune done at howell! very happy with service but dissapointed with the rwkw's my mods are, f6 cooler, k+n filter, f6 intake, performance valve springs, 42pound injectors, x3 capa flash tune, 14psi trailing to 9psi. I ended up with 260 rwkw and 640nm torque with a standard exhuast. what do you reckon?

• 2 weeks later...

g'day mate - Rodney's dyno is conservative but I'd rather have an honest figure than an inflated one. Put it this way, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Mine is an F6 obviously, so back when I had my first tune, we have the same cooler, I have K&N too, obviously, the same intake, already have upgraded valve springs, flash tuner, 14-15psi- 260rwkt aswell.........standard F6 exhaust but we later discovered it had a bashed out cat!! so nowhere near as restrictive.

changed to a different type of bosch 42lb injector (968's) - put the properly gapped spark plugs in, installed a surge tank - and guess what - down another 10rwkw to 250rwkw. Took the surge tank out, reverted back to previous tune - 260rwkw.

Don't get too wound up in dyno figures mate. At the end of the day they are a tuning tool. How does she run? That's heaps of tourque. Air/fuel ratios would be good/healthy. nice smooth power curve etc etc.

It easy to say though. In the end, I went to Melb to have the nizpro exhaust fitted and whilst there, had a Bluepower tune. Same injectors, different exhaust (and ported wastegate and flapper mod), different intake and cooler....same boost = 340rwkw.

Perhaps, in both our cases, the exhausts were the bottle neck.

PM me mate if you want to meet up and have a chat one the weekend. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 2m 24d

Hi guys, new XR6T owner here (traded my Late model camira in...) in Hobart area just saying g'day.

No plans to modify as yet - it is a family car (3 kids) but loving it so far.

cheers :icon_ford:

Welcome to the light brother!

How are the kids coping with the boost? hope no-one has chucked in the car yet. fingers crossed, my little one hasn't in the FPV yet.

We gotta have a get together one of these days fellas.

Edited by Buf-Phoon
quoting post directly above

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

gday f6t! had my tune done at howell! very happy with service but dissapointed with the rwkw's my mods are, f6 cooler, k+n filter, f6 intake, performance valve springs, 42pound injectors, x3 capa flash tune, 14psi trailing to 9psi. I ended up with 260 rwkw and 640nm torque with a standard exhuast. what do you reckon?

Personally I think your Cat is a restriction , plus you probably need to upgrade your actuator to hold up the tail on your boost curve

• Member For: 14y 2m 24d

Hi guys, new XR6T owner here (traded my Late model camira in...) in Hobart area just saying g'day.

No plans to modify as yet - it is a family car (3 kids) but loving it so far.

cheers :spoton:

Hi guys.

Yes the kids love it but the Mrs has to remind me to keep my lead-foot out of the car while the kids are in the back...

But it turns my xr6t isn't quite stock. I took the front bar off on sunday to check the intercooler out, it is FPV stamped (p/n 8906-6K775-AB) so I assume it's from a Typhoon. I also looked in the airbox and found a pod filter - and noticed that the ECU cover is polished with PWR stamped on it.

What other signs should I look for to determine any other mods?

cheers

jbomber

• Member For: 13y 11m 4d

Hi guys,

Thought I should introduce myself. Currently in the process of selling an 08 XR5 Turbo Focus with the intention of replacing it with a FG XR6 ute or depending on the cost of insurance and what kind of deal I can find a FG XR6T ute, I have already found a couple of great deals on the mainland but need to get rid of my car first unfortunately.

Test drove the SV6 and the XR6 just the other day ... the XR won pretty convincinly after being used to the handling characteristics/style of the focus... ford just do it better.

I am down south, and work as a chef in Hobart, although also looking for a new job because im getting a little tired of it. Will have to make sure I do the car switch before I do to avoid any new job and trying to get finance hiccups heh.