Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: FTG, Victoria
Posted

Left 4 Deads great, but only when your playing with mates over ventrilo or voice comm. otherwise its pretty boring I think.

  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: nsw
Posted
Dillz its not true, I have a tomato looking face and brown arms after Sunday!

Anybody use steam on here?

my account is: scar96

I have steam. my user id is tugger.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown
Posted
Mate - havent got a PS3 however this sounds like a network issue... obviously!!! (your prob thinking - no sh*t!)

But - r u running your connection (ADSL im assuming) via a router or directly from the modem to the PS3?

Its 'sounds' like it could be a setting issue in the router settings... Ie- firewall, or DMZ/Port settings...

Let me know how you have this setup and see if I can help u trouble shoot it!

:stupid:

Thanks Smicky, Nah I haven't got a router, I just unplug the pc from the standard optus 'motorola' modem, unplug the mogem power for a minute or 2, plug in the ps3 and turn the power on for both the ps3 and modem. It really is driving me insane as sometimes it works no worries, most times it doesn't work and VERY occasionally if I leave the ps3 hooked up for a few hours it will work eventually.

have been advised to try a router but don't know whether that will fix my problem or not. don't really want to buy one to find out it was a waste of money.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted
P.S Smicky a Nerd is a bookmonkey like a scientist or researcher a GEEK is a techie like a computer person, etc.

...and a Dork is the one who can tell the difference between the two.. :stupid:

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
...and a Dork is the one who can tell the difference between the two.. :thumbsup:

Lol, Zap own.....Nice.

  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted (edited)
Thanks Smicky, Nah I haven't got a router, I just unplug the pc from the standard optus 'motorola' modem, unplug the mogem power for a minute or 2, plug in the ps3 and turn the power on for both the ps3 and modem. It really is driving me insane as sometimes it works no worries, most times it doesn't work and VERY occasionally if I leave the ps3 hooked up for a few hours it will work eventually.

have been advised to try a router but don't know whether that will fix my problem or not. don't really want to buy one to find out it was a waste of money.

aaahhhh - sounds like it might be an IP addressing issue...

Does the modem have a model number on it somewhere? (Sticker on the bottom?)

Is the modem a USB based connection or cat5? Assuming its cat 5, there should be a setting within the modem where is has reference to IP or DHCP client numbers, (basically this means the number of computers that can be given access to the modem at the same time)...

What may be happening is when you have the modem connected to the puter, then unplug and connect to the PS3, the modem is not refreshing the connection and therefore still thinks its connected to the pc... (easier way to explain it if that makes sense)...

By turning the devices off it is power cycling and reissuing the addresses.

The reason it also works when it is connected for a longer time - is the modem will have an expire time set where the connection between the device will be refreshed as well...

:stirthepot:

Let me know what the modem model is and ill see what I can find...

1. Nerd as I will be researching the info.

2. geek as I will be helping out with electronic stuff...

3. Dork??? not to sure on that one!

:spit:

BTW- see your in Sydney, we have a spare test router here in Sydney which I might be able to get out to you to borrow to see if it helps, this way you dont have to buy anything until you know it works... :argue:

Edited by smicky
  • Go Pies!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW
Posted
Anyone use LAN centres anymore????

uuuummmm aaahhhh

lanpartylikeits1999.29jeok679hs0c4o88gsksos8w.bsihvo8a5a0w8skkk88s0k4cw.th.jpeg

gathering.jpg

dh2k_panoramas.jpg

Dh04w.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...