Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown!
Posted
that is dead set ridiculous..... poor victoria buggers.... :bowdown:

They have the sh*t here is NSW too mate. Back when I had my AE86 sprinter, I ran a straight thru 2 1/2 inch exhaust no cat. EPA dude driving along Great Western HWY heard it and send me a letter a few weeks later. Had to get a db check. Car was only allowed 90db and my car registered 106db. Had to change the exhaust and get it retested and send in the results within a couple of weeks.

  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted
Hi Iconical Barnical

This pics for you to IB inspiration maybe.

motorvationforIB.jpg

:surrenderwave: :fear (5):

Rather easy and reckless to state when you didnt get it. Maybe failure to turn up results in a big fine and or loss of a licence, but you didnt bother to think of that.

I.B.

hey, Australia post loses letters too you know!

I think its bs to have to "pay" to get your car checked out, if they want it checked they pay for the hassle.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted
Noble Park north at 11:59pm, hmmm what would i have been doing there LOL..

Just paint a big target on the side of your car.... :surrenderwave:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 14d
Posted
:fool::icon_ford:

hey, Australia post loses letters too you know!

I think its bs to have to "pay" to get your car checked out, if they want it checked they pay for the hassle.

you will find that even if Aust post do manage to "misplace" it, you are deemed to have received it in most cases. Just the way it is.

  • NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Just paint a big target on the side of your car.... :fool:

Exactly what I was thinking.

IMO they saw an XR6T, personalised plates, no spoiler, big rims, etc. and the placebo factor kicked in.

I reckon it's bullsh*t that you're now forced to shell out for a test that you're obviously going to pass.

This method of determining who gets a nasty letter in the mail is far too subjective imo.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

seems like a nice way to make a bit of money I think.. $30 odd bucks a pop, send 100 letters out each week, and there's $3000 for your efforts. If the cars turn out to be good, then they could just claim that the driver changed it back prior to the test.. What a joke..

  • Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Your House
Posted

it does seem quite unfair, I would be well and truly p*ssed off if that happened to me

  • It's not a MKI!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth
Posted
Rather easy and reckless to state when you didnt get it. Maybe failure to turn up results in a big fine and or loss of a licence, but you didnt bother to think of that.

And to claim innocence you need to be accused of something, unless accusing his car counts.

I.B.

Not really. What's the difference between throwing it in the bin and claiming you didn't receive it?

They aren't going to know. And I did think about the possibility of a fine, but like I already said, what if you didn't receive it?

Unless someone hands it too you there is no definate way of telling someone receives anything.

Relying on a third party like Australia Post can cause dramas.

The only way to be sure through the post is to make the letter a registered item that needs signing to be picked up.

A letter claiming your car is too loud and needs to be tested, in my opinion, is somebody elses opinion that your car is too loud.

I would call a letter with such content an accusation.

But that's just me, each to their own I guess.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

I dont think I can really do anything, but get it tested etc..

If I do pass then they can always say that I changed it. I read the letter properly and it says I was spooted by 'a member of the Victorian Police indicating that the vehicle was considered to be excessively noisy or to have had a faulty exhaust.' given the area chances are it would have been.

If I do nothing, I get a $567 fine, or if prosecuted in court a max fine of $6607. Then my car rego may be suspended.

I reckon just gonna cop it on the chin, pay the $30+ and be done with it. Al least ill pass....

ENVY-T you crack me up dude...

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: East Bentleigh
Posted

Spot on Mika... end of the day the smartest thing to do is cop the $30 on the chin get your car tested then checked and move on. Drawing unecessary attention to your modified car is silly because if they look further they might just find more stuff to screw you over with. I guess its just one of those things you get with a modified car.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...