How Much Will I Really Pay?

TurboDewd

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 9m 21d

Ive never bought a new car before but will probably get an XR6T. According to the Ford website a no option XR6T will cost $46,000. In general what else do I have to pay? How much is dealer delivery charge? Stamp duty is 3% in ACT I believe? What else? Any advice from someone in Canberra would be cool, thanks. Id rather get some real-life answers here before dealing with any car salesmen...thanx.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brendan Dennis
  • Member For: 21y 6m 12d

Mate,

You will be looking at on road costs vic is about $1800, plus dealer delivery From $750 to $2000 depending on dealer and location, your insurance + options...

I think that covers it... :innocent:

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 22d

1. Delivery is something of a wrought. Typical retail delivery in Qld is $1600. On a fleet deal that can be got down to $500.

2. If it's on the floor, dont expect any favours.

3. If you are prepared to order and wait, shop around, shop around, shop around. Unfortunatly, the XR's (and especially the T) are very popular so it's a sellers market.

4. If you know a really good negotiator or can get some kind of fleet discount, get someone else to act on your behalf.

5. This is a personal choice: Be very very careful about what you buy and what you pay once the (usually a good looking female) accessories person gets hold of you. that's the one who will sell you the Tint, Fabric & Paint protection, Extended warranty, Imobiliser etc etc. They are very well trained and persistant salespeople. If in doubt, get quotes for all of this and then get qoutes from the general market. You might be surprised.

Happy hunting.

Mackthe....

• Member For: 20y 10m 24d

Turbodude, its great you are considering to buy an XR6T.

At the moment, I dont believe the dealers are not discounting much at all(if any) because of the popularity of this wonderful vehicle. You may have seen ads on TV about the "for $500 you can get $1500 worth of extras".

Dealer delivery varies from each dealer. From experience when buying other cars, you can expect 1295 to 1695 bucks for delivery.

The only other discount I know of is if you have a family member who works for TOLL TRANSPORT, they are entitled to the "FORD Supplier excelence program" which gives a considerable large discount off the retail, which I have used to my advantage. Equates to approx 22% off retail, including options.

Also, shop around from dealer to dealer to get there "on road" price and dont be conned/pressured to signup if they give you a price....sometimes this is difficult.

I am only going by my 'own' experiences...and I guess the more information you have the better.

Hope you get what you are after...and good luck

Guest Isher
  • Guests

Turbodude..

From someone who recent purchased an XR6T in canberra here are some details... (I don't have teh precise details but these are all within about 2% of the costs..)

1. On road costs inc stanp duty, rego, CTP etc for the ACT will cost you approx $2040 for the new car, depending upon the final cost of the vehicle. For my costs that is based on about $42K (I got a great discount as my brother works for Ford..). that's for normal, personal rego without fancy plates.

2. When I enquired on deler delivery I got two prices from two dealers in Canberra. One was approx $960, the other $1200.

3. Discounting? Don't bet on it. Not with the current popularity of teh BA's. I took my car in for its 3000K service and overheard a salesman talking to a friend of his that GT Utes were "...walking out of teh car yard, can't get enough of them, you would think it would be hard to sell a $60K pluss Ute!..." In short, you will be paying full retial unless the dealer really likes you or you have a family member who works for Ford or one of their close suppliers like TOLL Transport.

Hope it helps...

You might want to check out Mondie's ner new XR6T he has for sale? Instant delivery, already got rego (Vic admitedly, but just change it to ACT when it runs out...)...

Good luck... :innocent:

Isher

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d

My "T" with leather, auto and nothing major else was $52000 recommended retail, drive away. (I didnt pay this amount)

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 17d

Consider your finance options. If you can get your employer to do a novated leasde for you and salary sacrefice the car you stand to make BIG savings. If you work for the Government you'll save even more 'cause they have exceptional prices.

My car optioned up works out to be about $52000 drive away RRP. I actually paid $41200 for it because I used a novared lease/salary sacrefice which meant I got fleet discount on the car and GST free.

In 3 years I have 3 choices:

1. buy the car for residual - $20020 (Inc GST)

2. trade the car and roll the "profit" into the next car

3. trade the car and get a cash refund on the "profit"

NB - profit means difference between residual and trade price.

refer to the Leasing Your Xr6 Turbo, an option to consider thread for more info

• Member For: 20y 11m 26d
The only other discount I know of is if you have a family member who works for TOLL TRANSPORT, they are entitled to the "FORD Supplier excelence program" which gives a considerable large discount off the retail,

apparently quite few large companies have discount partnerships with ford. Telstra recently announced all staff can get fleet pricing on private purchases - $39 841 for a basic T ($5 604 off RRP), $43 940 ($6 190 off RRP) for XR8. Not bad.

They have a website for it, but you need your company code. Ford Partner

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 11d

Here is the details of my XR6T purchase - ordered December 02, picked up Jan 03 so prices have changed slightly since then.

$37,775 Ford BA FALCON XR SEDAN

$ 6,190 TURBO MOTOR

$ 920 AUTO TRANS

-$ 1,800 SPECIAL DISCOUNT

--------------------

$43,085

OPTIONS

$ 1,500 4 X 18" ALLOYS

$ 345 TOW PACK 1600KG

$ 900 PREMIUM SOUND

$ 1,507 FORD DEALER DELIVERY (I tried to haggle on this but Gregorys were NON-NEGOTIABLE!)

$4,303.36 GST

-----------------------------------

$47,337 VEHICLE INCLUSIVE OF GST

$ 776.80 REGO

$ $ 1,470 GOVT STAMP DUTY

------------------------------------

$49,583.80 DRIVE AWAY PRICE XR6T