Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted

Will be sure to keep an eye on this thread.. Was only thinking about heading down for a blat around Tassie, just the other day..

  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hopefully I'll have confirmed details by early to mid January give or take a couple finalising details so as to give people enough time to organise leave and save the pennies

:rockon:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hobart
Posted

G'day Brad,

I have just got my sticky little hands on the 2008 Targa tas magazine. It has all the Targa stages and distances involved. The magazine has some great info including, Events Tas, offering clubs and some events funding. If you can get your hands on a map of Tas it would be easier to map out a cousre with both that and the Targa book.

Mate. If interested I am more than happy to mail the book to you. :bowdown:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

That would be really awesome mate cheers ! I'll see if I can get my hands on one otherwise I will send you my addy and take it from there. Definately owe you a couple cool ones :finger:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hobart
Posted

Thanks for the addy mate. I will have it in the mail on Monday 22/12. I will mark the pages I think will be of interest and give you some other contact details for myself, if you need a hand. :stickpoke:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Ok guys the possible date to leave will be either the 20th or 21st of October depending on costs and departure times of the Spirit of Tasmania. Can anyone who is seriously intersted PLEASE let me know and add your name to the list. I know its still over 10 months away but taking into consideration the planning and the fact peple need to book in annual leave and possibly the need to save a bit of cash, I think the more notice the better.

A couple of the guys from Tassie have been helping with info on accomodation and also Targa Routes which is really appreciated. Though there has been some good interest I think limiting this event to maybe 15-20 cars would make for a good cruise, factoring in accomodation, parking, and over crowding of some of the tight and narrow roads. Open to opinions on whether that's a good number or not.

So please add your name to the list on the next post to show your genuine interest. This list will not be the final attending list just a first list to get numbers and see who is interested. Obviously names will drop off and be added, but as I said only people genuinly interested as some places of accomodation will need to be booked as early as possible to secure spaces.

:beerchug:

Brad

Edited by Sleeper6T
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Tassie Cruise - 20th October 2009 - ( date will be confirmed in next couple months )

Members Interested

1. Sleeper6T

  • 2 weeks later...
  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

Your doing very well at this. Someone give him cruise control.

March is about the latest a date should be set for a cruise of this duration. I know that if a date isnt locked in by March/April then I wont make it.

I.B.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Thanks IB much appreciated. It certainly is a great deal to organise and follow up. One thing that has frustrated me is that I cant paste an excel document into a post. I have spreadsheets saved on petrol stations and caravan parks and spirit of tasmania costing but un able to post in here.

I think what I may end up doing is within the tassie thread itself have individual topics for each relevent bit of info such as the cruise ship over there, the petrol, the accomodation and the routes selected. That way people dont need to sift through pages of random back and forth posts. I actually submitted my leave request a couple of weeks ago so it's making me get into gear even more.

Thanks for the support hope you can make it down.

Brad

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

.xls attachments are now possible. You won’t be able to edit and save them online, but if you post updated versions we can re-upload them in to the first post or something if that helps?

Tassie Cruise - 20th October 2009 - ( date will be confirmed in next couple months )

Members Interested

  1. Sleeper6T
  2. tab

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...