Tassie Cruise

Sleeper6T

• Member For: 15y 6m 26d

Tassie October 2009 Cruise Cancelled.

Brad.

( if anyone would like to keep the cruise open or take on the organising themsleves please send me a pm and I will give you any details you may need. )

Guy's, giving this until next Tuesday the 31st March for people to confirm their interest. If there is none I'll be posting the cruise as being cancelled. There are people who have organised leave so to be fair to them I need serious confirmations.

Thanks

Brad

Greeting's all,

just putting the feelers out there about a cruise over to Tassie (full weekend) possibly over some of the Targa routes. I had a look to see if there had been but could not find any on here from past years unless I'm blind, and there's no Tasmania listed with the other states. Would obviously take alot of organising and help from those involved etc but depending on how often the boat go's over and back, we could have a couple half day cruise's plus a get together on the sat night or something.

Anyway like I said just putting the thought out there.

Cheers

:icon_ford:

UPDATE....

Tassie Cruise - October 2009

Departing Melbourne Tuesday 20th October 8pm (check in for boat - 6.30 pm)

Arrive back in Melbourne Wednesday 28th October 8am (check in for boat - 6.30 pm on Tuesday night)

Members Interested

1. Sleeper6T
  2. tab
  3. Phantomchic
  4. Senna_T
  5. Iconic Bionic
  6. turbo.vixen

Edited by Sleeper6T

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

There has been a couple organised by the guys in NSW...

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10557

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15505

I'm sure there'd be interest as it's been a few years.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 17d

Yeah and us Tassie boys could show you all the good local driving spots!!!! :crybaby:

Edited by xr0500

Awesome !! sounds like it could definately be something for next year and by the look of what the guy's from NSW did, there's the possibility of turning it into a week long trip, doing a few cruises plus some other tour's along the way.

So I guess first thing would be to see if there was enough interest there and then looking into costing's and dates etc. I think with the amount of planning involved though it would be good to get together on a few occasions to ensure things are planned properly and all that.

If any of the guy's who did the Tassie cruise from NSW (and are keen to do it again) have any advice or contacts and also any of the guy's from Tassie who would be keen to meet up with us have recommendations of accomodations and also recommended cruise routes, it would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Brad

:ielh:

If I could also add being as new as I am if any of the mods , bosses etc have any tips or suggestions, please let me know. I don't want to step out of turn or on anyone's shoes or go about things the wrong way that would also be appreciated :spit:

Edited by Sleeper6T

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

Go for it mate - no toes to be stepped on.

Timing wise your best bet would be to look at this time next year as there is an overnight cruise to the snowies in a few weeks, and it's just too farkin cold down there in the middle of the year :blink:

You can count me in...always up for a bit of a drive :spoton:

First thread in the new sub-forum too!

that's awesome thanks tab :spit:

I'll just start collecting info as far as places to stay and cruise's and costs etc and post them in here. Meanwhile like I mentioned before if any of the Tassie guys or NSW guy's who were on the last one have any details that may be helpful that would be great.

Anyone else that would like to add suggestions also for dates or even a specific month would be a good starting point. As things progress further for those who are interested we can arrange to get together to go over details and perhaps discuss things on up comming cruises.

Cheers

Brad

:innocent:

• Member For: 16y 2m 27d

yeah, it would be great to have a group of you guys over. we could show you the top stops and take you on some of the targa routes.

and don't worry about a bit of cold weather. cold air + turbo = :rockon: