• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 16d

bad news about the rain boys was waiting to see what you could get out of this nq animal. lucky theres a track not far from home I spose. do yas have any plans to bring it to the "cairns auto spectacular" comin up in the next couple of weekends?

• Member For: 16y 9m 22d

yea I might bring it up and chuck it up on the dyno,

and to dave saying he just pushed some buttons, my first tuner pushed some buttons and is threw a rod with 260rwkw, then my second tuner pushed some buttons and blew my second motor up with 350rwkw, since dave tuned is im nearly at 550rwkw and my car droped 2.2seconds off et

I would rate him second to none,

also to BRAD from ATOMIC, this is his 600kw bottom end that has done around 40000k now pumping close to 1000hp at the crank, compression test all cylinders are still within 3psi of eachother, it just completed a 3500km trim and has done a couple of hundred passes

hands downs best xr6tengine money can buy, under 5 grand for this bottom end and it hasnt showed ANY signs of giving up, other engines for more than double the price wont do that

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 20d

Good to hear a positive comment about the Atomic gear, I'm running the same kit in my car and its been bullet proof. The new version of this kit has new pistons with crown cooling and press fit gudgeon pins, os they are more reliable again. I'm about to build a motor for a Forum member using Brads gear, and trust me, when the car is finished it will get a work out!

Good luck with your drag efforts Kent, sounds like a real monster!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 9m 22d

yea bit of a up date for everyone, its now got a narrowed 9 inch with 15x10 convo pro's and 28x10.5 inch slicks, also got cal tracks,

car is in getting a roll cage fitted 4 point weld in with 2 bars coming out through the back window being bolt in,

also removed the motor to paint the engine bay, so I sent the motor back to atomic for a check up and some valve springs, that's where the story goes sideways ha ha, the motor was in excelent condition the bearings could have been put back in.

but I thought while its apart maybe I should do a few little things to match my new number plates(100OHP)

so hear goes

heat treated, nitrited, and cross drilled crank

750kw rods with crown cooling new mahle pisons with lower compression again, 8.0 to 1

huge amounts of port work to the head

biggest valve springs from atomic

298 and 302 degree cams ha ha

FG plenum

same 6 boost manifold and 1300hp turbo

6 temp probes 1 in each runner of my exhaust

big stud girdle new bearings and timing chain

that's about it I think

also they c4 was looking brand new inside, HIGHLEY recomend als race glides

so hopefully be back out very soon to let dave do his thing then we can go try rattle some cages with it