VR-04-TT Member 8 Member For: 17y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Windsor, NSW, Australia Posted 19/10/08 10:04 AM Posted 19/10/08 10:04 AM G'day!I thought I'd just do a quick intro, I searched for an intro section, but couldn't find one. So if this is in the wrong spot, feel free to slap me and move it... Anyway, my name is Paul. I'm quite a fan of the XR6T's, a good friend of mine has one and an older EF V8 that he's been working on for quite some time. I, myself, have an 8th gen Galant VR4. They're a 2.5l DOHC 24v V6 twin turbo, all-wheel-drive with active yaw control from the Evo and 5 speed manual. It's great fun to drive. Stock figures are about 206kW stock (at the fly) and about 363Nm torque. It's rather low because of Mitsubishi's innate ability to create the worst flowing and most restrictive exhausts known to man. But the small turbos spool up so quickly it makes it really drivable.No major mods yet, but I do have a set of Evo 8 Brembos about to go on (once I get the series 2 hub carriers from NZ). Just a simple cat back (with an exhaust tip that's way too big lol, but it was free!) and larger throttle body with a custom made intake pipe (more piping will get done later).Here's some pics:Looking forward to cruising with some XR6T's at some stage. As I said above, I've been a fan of the XR6T's for quite some time. When they first came out I remember thinking "It's about bloody time!!". I'm just a car lover in general, anything from the 20's to now, I have a ridiculous list of cars I want and they're all varied :DCheers on the good site!-Paul
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 19/10/08 10:23 AM Posted 19/10/08 10:23 AM Welcome Paul, nice little sleeper you have there.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 19/10/08 11:05 AM Posted 19/10/08 11:05 AM Welcome mate, love the VR4 - one of the little known import "sleepers"
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 19/10/08 11:11 AM Posted 19/10/08 11:11 AM welcome to the forum matetop ride mate, but, when will it make way for a T :popcorn:
neo Member 376 Member For: 18y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: The Ville Posted 19/10/08 02:13 PM Posted 19/10/08 02:13 PM Welcome Mate your ride looks Smick
t6xr Member 826 Member For: 18y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: MELB STH EAST Posted 19/10/08 07:36 PM Posted 19/10/08 07:36 PM Nice sleeper mate, when are you gonna get yourself a ford.
VR-04-TT Member 8 Member For: 17y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Windsor, NSW, Australia Posted 19/10/08 09:35 PM Author Posted 19/10/08 09:35 PM (edited) Cheers for the welcome :DOn my list of cars to own is a '32 Ford, don't care what variant. They're all great.I used to own an EA before I got this, but it was one of those $1k with 12 months rego scrapheap jobs (couldn't even spin them in the rain!). My first car was a Ford Meteor...come to think of it...I don't know if I should be embarrassed about that Just after lurking through here, it seems the XR6T's are quite the power house! It's impressive some of the results you're all getting. The VR4 is so new to Oz that there's nothing much in the way of aftermarket mods, which means a lot more money for simple things. For what it is, it's rather light at 1480kg though. Edited 19/10/08 09:36 PM by VR-04-TT
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 20/10/08 02:07 AM Posted 20/10/08 02:07 AM I had a 91 galant b4 I got my xr6t but I always wanted a VR4 and still have a soft spot for them only thing is take a look at that engine bay! cramped much?? my mate has a 300zx TT same thing with them u can hardly fit your finger in the engine bay! what mods are u planning to do to this lil beast?
xr6turbs boosting Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 20y 3m 17d Gender: Male Location: Glendene, Auckland NZ 0602 Posted 20/10/08 08:43 AM Posted 20/10/08 08:43 AM Mate,Nice ride.they go pretty hard eh!There are sooo many modded ones over here in NZ and they are soooo cheap! I'm sure you'll be able to find parts here for it - try trademe for stuff ayeor you could just sell it and get a XR6T!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now