FG-XR6T Member 177 Member For: 18y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/10/08 07:40 AM Posted 15/10/08 07:40 AM Hey Guys,I currently have a FG XR6 Turbo in a manual. I absolutley love the car but as I have a mortgage im am trying to decide wether early next year to sell the FG and buy a BA/F or just keep the FG. My main thought is the extra money on the mortage would save me alot of money in interest.I mainly drive my FG on weekends and to be honest harldy ever give it a boot full but when I do the power is addictive and this is where I need your help. Would jumping into a BA/F feel ridiculosly different? What about handling? I am not a race driver but love going through the hills everynow and then.As far as straight line performance is concerned what would need to be done and what would it cost to get a BA/F as quick as my current FG?In my opinion the exterior and interior is superieo on an FG but I do think the BA/F look great. But once you Go A XR6 Turbo,You never go back.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 15/10/08 07:49 AM Posted 15/10/08 07:49 AM custom tune, some sway bars and shocks bye bye stock FG. that's if you can get it of the line cleanly without launch control.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 15/10/08 07:52 AM Posted 15/10/08 07:52 AM Most Stage 1 kits will even up the power differenceOther than that nothing will compare in terms of handling comfort etcBut im still not 100% decided on what I think looks better
Guest Guests Posted 15/10/08 07:53 AM Posted 15/10/08 07:53 AM By early next year when you sell, pay off what you owe, pay transfers/stamp duty etc on a new one... Will you really be much better off?
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 29d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 15/10/08 07:59 AM Posted 15/10/08 07:59 AM in regard to the above post I think not
FG-XR6T Member 177 Member For: 18y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/10/08 08:03 AM Author Posted 15/10/08 08:03 AM yeah I know what your saying. What do you think FG turbos will be selling for towards the start of next year with very low k's? 38 - 40 k?
Guest Guests Posted 15/10/08 08:19 AM Posted 15/10/08 08:19 AM Apparently they're going for $33k brand new now with some fleet discount or something so maybe a little less?? I'd just keep it if I were you cause the changeover will rob most of the $$$ you're expecting to slap on the mortgage anyways
Pube Member 159 Member For: 19y 4m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 15/10/08 11:16 AM Posted 15/10/08 11:16 AM I certainly wouldnt want to step back into a ba-bf with at least 50,00k's. Hang out for another interest rate drop!
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Posted 28/10/08 11:04 AM Posted 28/10/08 11:04 AM mate I would hold off for now and keep the FG. Interest rates are coming down. And who knows the way FoMoCo are going you might have one of the last make T's.
Mat Legacy Donating Member 2,930 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Caracciola Karussell Posted 28/10/08 02:45 PM Posted 28/10/08 02:45 PM Apparently they're going for $33k brand new now with some fleet discount or something so maybe a little less?? I'd just keep it if I were you cause the changeover will rob most of the $$$ you're expecting to slap on the mortgage anywaysIts scary for those who bought new FG's recently. All of a sudden a 45K car is worth 30K at best :( BUT you will have to pay ORC on top of that however. But I think it works out to about 37Kish. I got the same deal when I bought my car last year
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now