Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 1d
Posted

You'd hope so or it'd be a waste of time and money. I am looking at getting a timer and remote start for my F6. Sick of getting in it on those cold mornings! Heated seats would have been nice too ford...

I was always under the impression that a car shouldn't be switched off until the turbo manifold is no longer glowing red which on mine can sometimes take a few minutes. I usually won't hit boost for the last few kms or will wait a minute or two but I'd rather not.

Stating "you don't need a turbo timer" then in the same post saying "you just have to wait in your car until it cools down"...? Riiiiiight...

  • 7 months later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 9m
Posted

Hey guys prob a stupid question, Can anybody lock there car while the turbo timer is going?

for some reason I cant lock mine n it always seems like that 3 mins I have to wait is so DAMN long..

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randwick, sydney
Posted

car should lock whenever......must be the way its wired up

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

There is a thread on it already, search function decent size thread as well.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Something to do with the 'smartlock' immobiliser I'd assume.

Try locking it using the old fashioned key-in-the-door trick instead.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 3d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

The remote function will not work while the car is running. The key should still work though.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted (edited)

What they said..

Put the key in and start the car normally, then press the lock on the remote. It wont do anything.

Same thing while the turbo timer is going. Try locking it with the key as suggested.

Its strange how the car can't be locked without a key or remote but I guess it makes it harder to lock your keys in.

Edited by Paulie2256
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

You cam bypass the smart lock, as pazzo said there is a thread here somewhere on how to do it and ive done it and works perfectly and I can lock it with the remote. Just gotta install a change over relay on the wire to the bem module under the icc which stops the signal that turns your car off when you remotely lock it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...