EXR6T Member 224 Member For: 19y 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/05/08 11:17 AM Posted 08/05/08 11:17 AM hey guys.does anyone know where to get tail lights tinted?my car is blueprint and I seen this and thought it looked great...
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 08/05/08 02:48 PM Posted 08/05/08 02:48 PM Doesn't look too bad. If you do it yourself with the spray can (niteshade or something its called), it looks like that person has masked up their indicators and sprayed the rest of the tail light.
DRTYBOOST Member 363 Member For: 19y 7m Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/05/08 03:07 PM Posted 08/05/08 03:07 PM I done it with mine, buy nightshade at supercheap.
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 08/05/08 09:25 PM Posted 08/05/08 09:25 PM does anyone know if this is legal in melb?
Elias Member 109 Member For: 18y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/05/08 10:12 PM Posted 08/05/08 10:12 PM I thought it was illegal, but when I had a look on the vic roads website I couldn't find anything on the topic. Doesn't mean it's legal though. Probably worth ringing Vic Roads and asking just to make sure.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 08/05/08 10:24 PM Posted 08/05/08 10:24 PM I would be very cautious doing this. If someone runs up your ar*e at night and the cops arrive they may just realise you'v tinted your tail lights and the blame could be put back on you. I know in NSW it is definatily a defect. ADR would state a certain brightness required by your tail lights.
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 08/05/08 11:05 PM Posted 08/05/08 11:05 PM looks good ..I wouldnt mind having it done.in vic these days sneezing is illegal.. so I guess this would be too.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 08/05/08 11:24 PM Posted 08/05/08 11:24 PM It is illegal in VIC as in most states. You can get away with a very light coating, but the blueprint T is asking for trouble.
PSYCHO XRT THE PSYCHO XRT Legacy Donating Member 1,275 Member For: 20y 9m 28d Gender: Not Telling Location: At the lights! Posted 09/05/08 12:12 AM Posted 09/05/08 12:12 AM Tinted my own taillights a few months ago and didnt do it too dark to keep it looking legal but anyhow didnt like the look so I put back my aftermarket ones.l
tevita6T Member 138 Member For: 19y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/05/08 03:01 AM Posted 09/05/08 03:01 AM tinted tail lights look great... What about head-lights? is that legal anywhere at all?? certain shades?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now