hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/04/08 12:54 PM Posted 14/04/08 12:54 PM I'm thinking of putting an engine oil cooler on the R Spec, has anybody done this? Where do you mount them?, and how difficult is it? Thanks in advance
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/04/08 12:57 PM Posted 14/04/08 12:57 PM Ummmm Doc you already have one.......
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 14/04/08 12:58 PM Posted 14/04/08 12:58 PM (edited) LOL!I'm pretty sure Kev from PW is developing a bigger one to fit in with the rest of his gear Doc Edited 14/04/08 12:59 PM by senna_T
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 14/04/08 01:00 PM Posted 14/04/08 01:00 PM Good point
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 8d Posted 14/04/08 01:01 PM Posted 14/04/08 01:01 PM
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/04/08 01:05 PM Author Posted 14/04/08 01:05 PM Yeah I know I have one, but being from FMC beancounters budget it will be the cheapest, only just enough to support 270 kw getting stick occasionaly, chinese POS they could find. I want a real one You are right Senna_T Kev is designing one, but my patience goes faster then his design and production and I saw some at a speed shop here in WA WA land today and though Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/04/08 01:08 PM Posted 14/04/08 01:08 PM Yeah I know I have one, but being from FMC beancounters budget it will be the cheapest, only just enough to support 270 kw getting stick occasionaly, chinese POS they could find. I want a real one You are right Senna_T Kev is designing one, but my patience goes faster then his design and production and I saw some at a speed shop here in WA WA land today and though HmmmmmmmmmmmWould be an easy fit Doc, if i was to fit a larger oil to air cooler i would disconnect the factory cooler and plumb the cooler into the original lines. I would be inclined to fit an engine oil temp gauge cause you REALLY dont want to over cool your engine oil...
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 14/04/08 01:13 PM Posted 14/04/08 01:13 PM I can relate to the patience thing doc, I'm waiting for Kev's cooler to come out because I have a BA XR, not fitted with the factory cooler and plumbing
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 14/04/08 02:21 PM Posted 14/04/08 02:21 PM Would be an easy fit Doc, if I was to fit a larger oil to air cooler I would disconnect the factory cooler and plumb the cooler into the original lines. I would be inclined to fit an engine oil temp gauge cause you REALLY dont want to over cool your engine oil... You can get them with, or fit thermostats to protect against that occurring yes?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/04/08 02:25 PM Posted 14/04/08 02:25 PM I'm thinking of putting an engine oil cooler on the R Spec, has anybody done this? Where do you mount them?, and how difficult is it? Thanks in advanceI intend to fit one when Kev releases it. I will put a electric solenoid into the line so it will only open when the oil passes a certain temperature. Arron
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now