The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 10y 3m 20d
9 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

It's not something available for the general public and you can't even do the course for it unless you're already a qualified mechanic.

Not entirely true - check out Hychill Hychill a/c gas

No doubt I'll be flamed by the "it's dangerous, your car will explode" haters, but it works, and anyone can buy it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 28d

Yeah I've seen those, they only add gas, they don't draw a vacuum and dry out the system for the 45 minutes needed to check for leaks, remove old oil and properly prepare a system for new gas. They also can't change the oil in the system which is also necessary for a proper aircon service.

There is much more to a "regas" than just topping it off. Companies rely on users not knowing the correct procedure, hence the availability of these products.

That said, sometimes you can half ass sh*t and it'll work out fine, this is one of those things...and no, your car won't blow up lol 😆

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

No it isn't. Take an informed risk by all means, an uninformed risk taken upon the advice of people standing to have financial gain from your ignorance is unethical and immoral on the part of the sellers.

Edited by Puffwagon
My butt

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yerp. No real physical risk there if you're half way switched on. More than likely will make your aircon cooler too. Should still do it correctly though.