The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 17y 2m 6d
1 hour ago, biddie_fiddler said:

We will be getting a frenchie hopefully next year. Budgeting 6k for them farckers. They are not cheap 🤣

My misso is a vet.  Just be warned, $6k is only scratching the surface from what she's told me.  Brachycephalic dogs, esp Frenchies, come with inherent health complications.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Just rescue a dog, it'll cost less than $500 and you can get the same lifelong (dog's life) companion :) breeds don't matter that much as compared to how you treat/train 'em.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, k31th said:

well, facebook has, basically everybody... of course you'll get some bad eggs... and the fact it's hard to track bad comments back to people etc like you can in a forum so people post garbage, somewhat often. There's plenty of good people but they're usually reading, not posting. Forums is mostly the same but other than the "easy to moderate" sort of thing, it's full of great people who post :) So just hang around here if you wish, we won't scare you away too bad :P

It's so much harder to find information on Facebook than on a forum.  What got me back onto this forum was all of the great information that surfaced through my Google searching.

A lot of the general info on this forum is still very much relevant today.  However, the loss of forum site sponsors both here and on AFF is a big loss, not only for the respective sites' bottom line, but esp for the forum members.

Trying to find a good tuner/workshop is a lot more difficult now.  The good tuners 10+ years ago are either closed down, or have "turned to 💩" if you believe all of the anecdotes out there.

The demise of the web forum is a huge loss.  I hate Facebook's layout, and Reddit is just as terrible in that regard.  Trying to follow a thread in chronological order is impossible.

I'll hang around here, for sure.  I've spent the last five years in the doldrums, diligently saving for a house deposit after walking away from a failed marriage with nothing.

Thanks to Covid, my three year plan turned out to be five years of protracted pain, and a mortgage which ended up being $250k more than what the same house was worth four years prior.

In any case, I can now divert my funds from savings, to my cars.  I've purchased within the last two months, build number two F6X Territory, and it's in need of both love, and a lot more power.

17 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Far out man it was only supposed to be 41 today, it's 43.8 so far!

Where in S.A. are you?  It's only 38°C down my way and I'm about to head to Port Noarlunga with the misso for a dip. 😎