xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 03/09/05 06:34 AM Posted 03/09/05 06:34 AM What else is there to say....definitely get the falcon Shane
Scotty Tav Member 65 Member For: 22y 2m 22d Posted 10/09/05 08:15 AM Posted 10/09/05 08:15 AM Ok. I am getting a Falcon. I am going to get an AU XR but unsure wether to get a 6 or 8. Of course I would prefer an 8 every time but is it worth the extra fuel and insurance? What is the fuel usage of a XR6 Vs XR8 in the utes? Thanks guys!
Guest Gilto Guests Posted 13/09/05 10:57 AM Posted 13/09/05 10:57 AM Hi,I have a NA six cylinder 4 litre EL Falcon. For the past few months I have been getting shocking mileage from the car and I have noticed a fair bit of exhaust smoke at the rear, especially when the rpm is high.I am only getting about 300 km from a tank and it is costing me a fortune!!!Any ideas what my problem could be??? Even when the car is idling I can see smoke coming from the exhaust......the fuel bills are killing me though, need to get it sorted out....Many thanks in advance...Gilto
Guest Guests Posted 13/09/05 11:06 AM Posted 13/09/05 11:06 AM Hi,I have a NA six cylinder 4 litre EL Falcon. For the past few months I have been getting shocking mileage from the car and I have noticed a fair bit of exhaust smoke at the rear, especially when the rpm is high.I am only getting about 300 km from a tank and it is costing me a fortune!!!Any ideas what my problem could be??? Even when the car is idling I can see smoke coming from the exhaust......the fuel bills are killing me though, need to get it sorted out....Many thanks in advance...Gilto<{POST_SNAPBACK}>might sound silly but you been back to ford?sounds like o2 sensor to me but ?
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Posted 13/09/05 11:48 AM Posted 13/09/05 11:48 AM 300km to a tank...oh how I wish!220 here...absolute maximum. But its a turbo. Im pleased to say my average has now increased to just over 28L/100km. I am aiming for the big 30...it will take some effort as I dont exactly drive like a wuss at the moment!Have you taken your NA back to Ford for a look-see? Probably not hard for them to work out.
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 16d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 13/09/05 12:35 PM Posted 13/09/05 12:35 PM mickq, mind lowering your consumptoin to 20l/100km and sending me the savings? I'd be able to buy a house within 6 months..
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 14/09/05 12:32 AM Posted 14/09/05 12:32 AM haha 180k's!!!!the fuel light must be on at half tank =))
fish_351 Member 32 Member For: 22y 9m 17d Location: Geelong Posted 14/09/05 01:55 AM Posted 14/09/05 01:55 AM A mate of mine had a very similar issue to yours last week, his is an AU Fairmont.He took it to the local Ford dealer and they found a few things: very blocked fuel filter,badly blocked fuel regulator buggered injectors.Replaced them, and he's back to 500+ km/tank on open road. Previously he was at ~300km. He puts the trouble down to running the tank down, he drives it till it get to about 50km to go on the little readout.Let us know what you found.
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 6m 2d Posted 14/09/05 10:27 AM Posted 14/09/05 10:27 AM (edited) It sounds like it could be a HEGO issue to me.Does your car have a strong smell of fuel at idle, even when the engine is warm? I ask this as if youe HEGO is stuffed, you car cannot go into closed loop operation and it is unable to trim the fuel to stoich.Another possibility is that your MAP sensor is faulty. This would account for the smoke at high rpm - it also could result in slightly rough, uneven idle.Cheers,Ross Edited 14/09/05 10:31 AM by Ford_Power
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 14/09/05 11:35 AM Posted 14/09/05 11:35 AM AMATURE! I get 28l/100km in my sleep! I usally get 180 per tank!!I bought a 2wd Hilux last week and f me I am not getting much better!I need a smaller shoe maybe!Or a higher gear!Lumpy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now