Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Slippery when dry
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 15d

Mines also stock with custom tune...was averaging anywhere from 13.8-14.2 recently replaced battery,took it for a good burst and now it seems to want to sit on 15.0-15.5???.....have no idea why its only done 41k and I service it every 5k without fail....so who knows...its going in for retune and other goodies soon so will have a look at it then...

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 9m 21d

Well I just did some highway driving in my 08 FG T and Im impressed! I have the 6-spd auto obviously and from Canb to Melb got a tremendous 8.93L/100km. I always reset my A trip meter when I fillup and noted how many Ks I did and how many L I put in at the next stop. That figure was my manual calc.

My current all-time economy reads 9.6L/100km. My BA used to read 11.4, admittedly my drive to work is fairly fuel effic and I had been doing a fair amount of highway driving of late. But 9.6! Amazing!

• Member For: 16y 9m 10d

I've got 19,000 on the clock.

Car is used for work and I average 12.4Lph regulary.

On highway travel average is 11.5Lph.

Car is completley stock (stock for now), so I will be very interested after a tune.

• Member For: 14y 8m 26d

I have just under 500ks on the clock, brand new... but easily avg under 10s cruising on the highway/freeway. I heard ford run a richer mix of fuel air and a detune til the first service at 3000ks, not sure how true this is, so should be expecting better economy after that.

• Member For: 14y 9m 10d

Hmm wonder if this is true? anyone felt or seen a drop in fuel usage after the first service?

This thread always cheers my day, cannot wait to get my beast and back off those ever rising fuel prices, I do loads of highway driving so fingers crossed I can hit around the 9 mark way better than the V8 that's hitting around 14L on highway, gotta love this turbo 6 engine, will post up my findings once I get it.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 2d

No it's a myth that's been busted countless times.

They do however constantly release new software to fix known issues, which may result in better economy, but there definitely is no run-in tune.

...unless it's got the pursuit car tune - whole different kettle of fish :bangcomputer: