Removal Of Turbo In Preperation Of Porting And Valve Mod

mrmackie

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d

Go down to your local MTQ and they will have new turbo to mainfold studs and nuts in a pack , dump to rear housing studs and nuts in a pack and a full gasket kit to suit

Will set you back about $50 for all of it

• Member For: 14y 5m 10d

Go down to your local MTQ and they will have new turbo to mainfold studs and nuts in a pack , dump to rear housing studs and nuts in a pack and a full gasket kit to suit

Cheers mate, I live out in the country so ordered it all from them online yesterday arvo, it got delivered 16 hours later that's some seriously awesome service!

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 4d

^this guy, dropping the knowledge bombs

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 4d

Wind two bolts back in (minus the retainer plate, and one on each side) and use two deep sockets (or any other solid chuck of steel) as spacers between the bolts and front housing then wind the bolts back out with and open ended spanner half a turn at a time.

This will push the hosing back off the chra

• Member For: 21y 27d

Is that how you do it. I just get the biggest hammer and smash it like you do a ball joint.

Spraying a french product called Reducteur H 72 Super Releasing Agent helps with those sorts of job. That stuff has released many rusted parts. Last time bought from Bunnings, dont know if they still have it.

Edited by turbotrana

• Member For: 14y 5m 10d

Wind two bolts back in (minus the retainer plate, and one on each side) and use two deep sockets (or any other solid chuck of steel) as spacers between the bolts and front housing then wind the bolts back out with and open ended spanner half a turn at a time.

This will push the hosing back off the chra

Seriously mate, absolute legend that worked perfectly cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 9y 8m 12d

I going to attempt this soon on the ba I just got my hands on! ill be checking shaft play on the 35/40 when its off question is what is an exceptable amount of shaft play back and forward side to side etc. cause if the turbo is off and on its way out I might as well buy new bits I need at the same time

• 1 month later...