Removal Of Turbo In Preperation Of Porting And Valve Mod

mrmackie

• Member For: 16y 1m 27d

Yeah mate,its there to support the turbo and exhaust manifold to stop it from sagging when hot. I thought they all had them but some people say theirs didnt. To get to the 2 bolts that hold the bracket to the engine mount is a bit of a prik cos of the heatshield that covers the mount is in the way. The stupid washer that holds the heatshield down can be a prik to get off.

• 7 months later...
  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

Anyone got any tips on putting in the bottom front stud with the turbo still on the car?

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

I used a 5 inch long 1/4 drive extension with a universal joint and socket.. Obviously I had the nut just started onto the thread and used it to screw the stud in.. :welcome2: I just wish that I had removed the turbo mounting plate when I was there...

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

thanks man I'll try that, bit tricky to get the bugger started. Might take the nut off the stud so I have more room down there if that doesn't work.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 3m 14d

sorry to steal 1 of the photos, but was wondering how anyone got the top and bottom right hand side bolts on? mine currently looks like the one in the picture because the 2 right bolts have fallen out along the way and cant seem to get the new bolts in, such a difficult angle I just cant seem to get either one of them in.

ive removed the coolant line and all that but just cant get the bolt to grab the thread.. theres just not enough room for movement, im using a ratchet spanner and my fingers dont fit to spin the nut. seems impossible

any tips?

IMG_1397.jpg

Edited by jonn

• Member For: 15y 3m 14d

ah yea thanks mate. I tried that and didnt have any success, I just dont know how to make the nut turn to get the thread to grab. is there a tool I dont know about for it?

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 23d

I found it so much easier to take the whole manifold off, that way no need to wrestle these bastard nuts,

Also wastegate can stay where it is. Assemble new turbo to manifold while its on the bench. made for easy work =)

Just thought id share.

• Like 1