Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
LOL!

ah I cant imagine the temptation you had to fly past him afterwards eh?

You have NO idea! If I had to lose my licence, I would have done it then. What better way? lol

Same with that silver Maloo that tried to show off this morning on Maroondah Hwy. Thought he was cool with his little '390' badge on the tailgate. If it wasn't raining... ooohh man...

  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d
Posted

I took the car in a couple of weeks ago as the DSC light kept turning on for no reason and wouldnt switch off...when I picked up the car the service guy told me the the diff bush would need replacing and that it would be covered under warranty but he did say it was a full day job as they have to drop the suspension etc...

I believe this is quite a common problem for the T but to be honest you probably wouldnt notice as much unless you drive it a bit hard...to be honest I realy didnt notice the problem either... as it was the serive guy that just volunteered the information...which is quite refreshing actualy...lol

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

ok, but I think your a lil lost.

I.B.

Posted
sound like you did well mate. Mine same specs and was $39.664.00 as it is a lease. but if I had to pay GST it would have been 43,399.00 .

Cheers, Geoff

Those are both good prices, did you negotiate that yourself or was it through fleet of some sort. I paid about the same (little more) and none of the private fleet companies could come close to it. which made me feel good.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bairnsdale, Victoria
Posted

I did all the hagling over the phone, well not a lot of hagling, got a quote off smart salary (the company im getting the lease through), then told about 4 dealerships in melbourne that price to beat it, then it wittled down to 3, then I told them they would have to beat the smart salary price by at least 500 to get my business, and the only one that could was binks, so they got my business, darren (the salesperson at binks I dealt with) was great, he was the first person I got a quote from and the one I ended up going with. He, voulentarily, explained a few things about buying a new car that I didnt realise and some other stuff. Good bloke. Would recomend him to anyone

Cheers,

Travis

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: kenthurst, Sydney
Posted
Those are both good prices, did you negotiate that yourself or was it through fleet of some sort. I paid about the same (little more) and none of the private fleet companies could come close to it. which made me feel good.

I dont like playing stupid games with dealers and like to be straight up. I went to three dealers and told them the same specs. Also said that the first price they give me will be their only price that I will accept from them and will not come back and play to and fro between dealers. Seems to work ok for me and seems to make the dealers get fair dinkum wlth their prices knowing I wont come back for a second bite.

cheers, Geoff

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Love your style....follow the same approach myself. Usually the sales manager comes out getting all excited thinking they have an on-the-spot sale. "No I'm not shaking your friggin hand, will let you know if I want it. Don't call me, I'll call you" :stupid:

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 10d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted

I <3 Bananas that...I play mind games until someone cries (never me).....I kinda feel bad sometimes but fukit...

make sure u pull the :

"look mate there are lots of ford dealers who want my money, do you?"

"its all turn over mate and selling it for what u payed for it is still a sale"

"I can deal with you or I can see your manager and tell him that your turning me away from buying a ford"

"look...this is the most ive spent on anything apart from a house, im not gonna let u rip me off"

"RRP = recommended retail price mate, not must sell at this price....see the recomended bit"

"im part of a car club and will probably be the first person to get a FG......do u think they might want an upgrade from a BA? whats your record in monthy sales?"

"im going to go away and see some more cars.....ill be back in 1hr.....have a sik deal for me or u will never see me or my money again"

"look mate ive had some troubles with another ford dealer before with my last car and im looking for a dealership for my family...is that you?"

This is just a few......

you have to clearly pick your sales person....keep saying no mate im just looking until the right one comes along....then smash him.

Having spent quite a few years in retail I learned from many people trying to hammer me on price whats u can acheive if u do it right.

If u save $$$ u can then basicaly get your big wheels, tint, zorst, edit etc for free....

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Don't get me wrong....I'm all for mind games at stores like Harvey Norman. They are usually retarded though so I guess it is really a bit cruel :auto:

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 10d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted

HAHAHAHAH that's where I worked...lol...been a few years though since I did...

BTW...I sold what I wanted the customer to buy not what they wanted. :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...