XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 20d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 03/02/08 02:37 AM Posted 03/02/08 02:37 AM Hey guys got some warranty work done yesterday. Tps and brakes. started to drive the car home. After 5mins gave her a bootfull to merge on to highway, and heard a loud induction(sucking air) noise. The noise wasn't there when I dropped it off in the morning. Thought that's not right, so pulled over and popped the bonnet.The pipe from the crossover to the front of the turbo wasn't bolted back in place and hanging loose. I assume they would of taken it off to get to the tps(Correct me if I'm wrong)I admit I know nothing about these cars so got really worried I had done serious damage. Rang the dealer(not very happy), was told to drive it back like that(and they would fix it). I wasn't convinced it was safe to drive. So my brother came out with some tools and I fixed it on the side of the road. I found 4 clamps loose and 2 bolts.Gotta love the dealersWhat do ya boys think of that?Cheers Pete
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 03/02/08 02:47 AM Posted 03/02/08 02:47 AM unfortunately it sounds all to familiar! in a perfect world ford would be employing passionate people to work on our cars and pay them a decent wage, this is the complete opposite in the real world however
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/02/08 02:48 AM Posted 03/02/08 02:48 AM Exact reason why my car doesn't see ford workshops.
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 03/02/08 02:51 AM Posted 03/02/08 02:51 AM absolutely not good enough mate, I dread to think what would have happened if even the smallest stone or something would have gone into the turbo and chewed the blades!!I'd say that would warrant a big nasty letter to somebody mate, definately!!I'm sure Pat will have some thoughts...
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/02/08 02:57 AM Posted 03/02/08 02:57 AM Oh no not a scary letter, maybe you could employ Superdan to drive down there and run them over, I here he is quite good.Scotty
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 20d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 03/02/08 02:59 AM Author Posted 03/02/08 02:59 AM absolutely not good enough mate, I dread to think what would have happened if even the smallest stone or something would have gone into the turbo and chewed the blades!!I'd say that would warrant a big nasty letter to somebody mate, definately!!I'm sure Pat will have some thoughts...At first I thought I might of over reacted. everybody makes mistakes, but now I'm not sure.Do you really think its worth a letter????I still can't believe the service manager told me to drive it back like that, cause I had no tools with me at the time.I sure am getting me a little toolbox for the car now, cause I had to wait 30mins for my bro(and spoil some of his day too)
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 03/02/08 03:06 AM Posted 03/02/08 03:06 AM its probably worth at least a phone call to the dealer principle, they generally appreciate your side of the story and try and get something done about it.Your right, everyone does have bad days, but you leave your car with a workshop in good faith, so you would expect a certain level of professionalism...
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 03/02/08 03:09 AM Posted 03/02/08 03:09 AM "the service manager told me to drive it back like that"what kind of f*cking moron would tell you to drive the car back to them, after you told them that the piping was hanging off, and the the turbo & blades were completely bare to the elements???MUPPET!!!!!!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 03/02/08 04:38 AM Posted 03/02/08 04:38 AM I'm starting to think I'm the only person with a good dealer!
jsmith Legacy Donating Member 712 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown Posted 03/02/08 05:40 AM Posted 03/02/08 05:40 AM MY dealer is pretty good. Sometimes even drops the stuff off.Oh sorry, your talking about the Ford sort of dealerOn a serious note though, What happened is just plain wrong. Send a letter addressed to the appropriate person stateing what happened, your disappointment, DON'T say anything nasty, and suggest they should take action to ensure this doesn't happen again.State what had to be done to get the car mobile again and also how your and your brother were both disadvantaged by this problem. See how that goes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now