Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Ok, well my mate that was gonna install my tranny cooler msg's me today saying that if he doesnt fit the cooler today it'll be at least 2 weeks before he can do it.. So, we go and get all the fitting's, clamps oil lines etc...

First of all the screws in these cars are the biggest ball breakers.... All the ones used for the bumper, inside the wheel arch, the ones for the top grill, well bloody all of them.. Most of them I ripped off with a pair of pliers, and broke but I still have enough to get hold everything together(will get more, do Ford stock these??)

Secondly the B&M cooler I got is pretty big, so fitting it was a lil bit fiddly, especially the brackets, trial and error till we found a good spot and actually how we were gonna fit it, so the oil lines had a bit of room.. The engine bay is pretty tight so to hook up the oil lines was a bit of a pain..

Lost little oil while fitting the cooler., but where do I top it up anyway?? Havent done any ducting to get more air flow to the cooler but where its mounted it should be alright for now, till I get to it? Im driving it like a girl till I do... hehehe

The car is due for a service, like now, so ill get the tranny serviced and oil changed..

If your thinking of doin this, its pretty easy, me and my mate did 50% each of the work so if I say its pretty easy, trust me it is, you just need to know what your doin I guess...

Got some pics...

  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

The next thing on my to do list is wog cooler and UBP... and by what I saw with the bumper off... it gonna be a BITCH!!!

Anyone wanna help??

Cheers Mike

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted

Those scrivets are easy to undo, If they wont undo just get a small hook tool in behind them and then unscrew it. Simple. Bumper off takes me about 2mins now.

UBP and I/C is also very easy. Headlight out for UBP, but that's only 4 screws and 3 plugs. Dont forget to unscrew the indicator lamp from the bottom of the headlight before removal.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Heres a pic of what I did today... Pretty much explains itself.... Still have to fab something up to get more air to it though... I was thinking something like a CAI from near the air dam(cooler hole) in the front bumper to the tranny cooler??

Any thought or suggestions?

Mike...

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

mate don't like to judge but I hope that's not as close to the guard as it looks ,or you need some better protection on that cooler the constant pounding from gravel will soon damage that cooler

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

If its wire mesh and a bit of space between it should be ok

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted

Kinda looks like flyscreen dosnt it?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted (edited)

Yeah its wire mesh.. fairly fine though.. There is about 10cm between the guard and the cooler...

Edited by MiKa
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

I've got heaps more so I might add another layer, but I'll see how it goes....

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: syd south
Posted

looks good man.

it will definately flow more if it has a good escape route and that what you have done.

a good duct from the front will finish it off

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...