Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Ok im gonna up the power fairly soon and thought I'd invest in a tranny cooler for the 4sp, what I wanna know is,

What brand to get?

I've heard B&M are the best brand but they dont come with lines, and are expensive. Seen a PWR one on Ebay, it measures 280x200x19 for $130...

Is that big enough?

What size do you have?

Where did you get it from?

How much was it?

Where is the best place to mount it? I will have a wog cooler.

BTW tried the search but it only came up with tranny coolers for a 6sp auto

Cheers Mike

  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I'm running the larger PWR cooler. The big square one. Haven't had any problems yet....

I by-passed the radiator...

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Basically, use the biggest that will fit in the chosen area.

I know of Turbo falcons (not just BA/BF, but same deal) that run twin 300mm x 300mm, one on each side with a thermofan on each.

There's no set "must have size" but you will need a decent sized cooler... and not the slim type that "Joe's garage" puts on for a tow car.

Cheers

Chris

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

If u r genuinely concerned u will fit a temp guage that will tell u if whichever cooler u end up fitting is adequate or not, nobody can tell u what is enuf or not, cause it depends on how when and where u drive, a guage will however keep u informed at all times, DO NOT MOUNT A CAPIILARY GUAGE INSIDE THE CABIN.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

I dont plan on putting another guage in the cabin, and I am only genuinely concerned enuf to put a tranny cooler on.. Im just after some ideas on what other people have fitted so as I have a rough idea on what to get and a rough size of what im able to fit..

I just saw that I spelt transmission wrong so the search had alot more answers this time round.. I like hiddeous' setup with the cooler mounted infront of the drivers wheel.. Now just need to find a cooler that will fit that position..

I think the PWR cooler I linked up in a previous post would fit.. But I think he fabbed up his own mounts so that's gonna be a pain...

I think the majority of people are running the tranny cooler on its own without the radiator one, so im gonna head down that path to..

Anymore options on coolers guys??

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Pics of hiddeous' setup... Hope he doesnt mind..

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted (edited)
Here mate, ive made a few posts that may help.

Trans cooler: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...hl=trans+cooler

I/C install with Trans Cooler: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...l=monza+install

Edit: link now goods.

Edited by hanra

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...