Central Qld

12FEAR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 13d

I heard that a Typhoon engine died on a dyno in Rocky last week...... :bangcomputer: I wonder if they are a memebr here???

Heard a story on the weekend about a turbo Falcon going into Ford Rocky with engine trouble under warranty. Ford checked to see if it had been flashed, and it had been.

Apparantly someone had borrowed the car from the owner and someone threw a tuner on it while they borrowed it then flashed it stock before returning it. One of the spark plugs had broken apart and the debris had done some damage.

• Member For: 15y 10d

I heard that a Typhoon engine died on a dyno in Rocky last week...... :buttrock: I wonder if they are a memebr here???

I have it on fairly good authority that the car was wheeled off the dyno with a conrod hanging out eh side of the block... and it definitely isn't just a rumor.

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d

It didn't throw a rod... motor was still intact. It had something to do with the piston or spark plug breaking.. I am unsure of the full extent of the damage... But I do know that there was some valve damage...

Edited by HI PSI

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 10d

I have a mate with a 360rwkw r33 skyline built and tuned by the guys at dynamic mechanix, they do great work with skylines... They are still a little green though when it comes to the xr6t etc. Any one want a street plenum kit?

• Donating Members

I can't actually say it's for sale and advertise it cos it's still on the car... and that be against forum rules. But WHEN I do put it up for sale, I will have the plazmaman 4" intake, street plenum kit, and 2.5" hotside piping for $2900ish, for the lot, and will deliver anywhere in CQ. Works out to be around $1200 cheaper than new and I've only had it on the car for 8 months, 4 of which were parked up when I pulled the motor out.

I'm toying with a few ideas, but wanna keep my cards close at the moment, as I've got to run a few things by my tuner before we decide on anything. This is only a decision I made today.

• Member For: 14y 1m 14d

Regarding the F6 that let go on the dyno. Was a yellow one owned by a local miner. Made up in the 480 region and the block twisted. Piston bit in and cracked inbetween the valve reliefs. It's now receiving an Atomic 998 motor...

Also, any of you guys keen for a cruise in rocky this weekend? Been organising it on Boostcruising for a while. Meet @ baskins north side at around 1:30pm on saturday. Cruise down to the beach and then accross to emu park. Stopping @ bell park for foods etc. Maybe an archer run when we get back into town. Will be a few hot cars going. 420hp F6, 450hp turbo ls1 vt calais, 550hp procharged monaro etc etc.

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d
Regarding the F6 that let go on the dyno. Was a yellow one owned by a local miner. Made up in the 480 region and the block twisted. Piston bit in and cracked inbetween the valve reliefs. It's now receiving an Atomic 998 motor...

I spoke to Scotty about that earlier... I wonder if this is an inherent problem. It just seems strange the block flexing that much. I have never heard about it on these forums.. Still it is very interesting... I will be running 15-17 psi in a few days... I will then be very happy with it's performance. Then all I have left is to get all of the stonechips repaired and the bodykit painted.

I would have loved to go fro a cruise.. But way too much on this weekend... I have to get my XF Ghia ready for the clevo to go in....

• Donating Members

I'm waiting on my new tune to be e-mailed to me, cool hey, anyway I'll be in rocky thursday the 6th of may for the wiggles concert, and staying for the weekend, prolly go for a lapon the thursday night for a bit of a gander, might catch up with you guys if you'll be about that weekend.