XR6T_ENVY Member 133 Member For: 19y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 14/09/07 05:45 AM Author Posted 14/09/07 05:45 AM IMPORTANT INFO!!!!!I was driving today and my car had a massive air leak. When I got up it, it sounded like a jet, and when I backed off, I had a what was identical to a BOV sound, problem is, I wasn't running a BOV at all! This tip looked fine from all angles, until I took it off. That there was only 1/4 inch left attatched had me very concerned. If you do this, you may suck in a fairly thick peice of rubber, and it's by by front compressor and the rest!The other funny thing is, I have put the factory BOV back in place, and the bastard seems to go harder!! I miss my dose but this still gives a little noise.My advice to all you budding Barry Bolt ons is to do it properly with a pipe cap or something similar. The other tip had cracks in it, and it wouldn't have been long before it too went split.Thanks for the warning ENVY-T.Wow. That rubber cap problem looks bad. So is someone going to pick up these metal T's? The outside diameter of the BOV is 1" too if anyone needed to know.See you all on sunday.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 14/09/07 07:51 AM Posted 14/09/07 07:51 AM Why dont you guys swing past your local trusty highly regarded auto shop and pick up a 1" heater hose cap.They are made of thick rubber the same properties of your radiator hose.I know that auto1 has them here in WA. Try super cheap too.CheersAdrian
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 14/09/07 07:58 AM Posted 14/09/07 07:58 AM Alright Guys. I cant seem to find my pliers so if someone can bring a set would be great.See you all Sunday and hope it doesn't rain.
XXRLNT TURBOCHARGED Member 372 Member For: 20y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 14/09/07 11:36 AM Posted 14/09/07 11:36 AM (edited) I might come down to if there is going to be a cruise Edited 14/09/07 11:43 AM by xxrlnt
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 14/09/07 11:45 AM Posted 14/09/07 11:45 AM damn I better remove my $2.95 chair legs then how much are these heater hose caps?
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 14/09/07 01:49 PM Posted 14/09/07 01:49 PM damn I better remove my $2.95 chair legs then how much are these heater hose caps?About $5. I would pay up to $10 for piece of mind.
XXRLNT TURBOCHARGED Member 372 Member For: 20y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 15/09/07 03:52 AM Posted 15/09/07 03:52 AM is there going to be a cruise
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 15/09/07 03:56 AM Posted 15/09/07 03:56 AM I'll go offer them $100 then!must be better right
XR6T_ENVY Member 133 Member For: 19y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE Posted 15/09/07 07:43 AM Author Posted 15/09/07 07:43 AM (edited) is there going to be a cruise Not sure if anyone has organised a cruise. I thought there was interest in going up to the black spur though. I can't promise I will be awake enough (Going to Camberwell market in the morning at 6:30am!) but if there's enough people I'm in!Also FYI - Bunnings on canterbury road is next to Autobarn. Incase anyone wanted to try something more specific to a car part for the BOV. Peace! Alex. Edited 15/09/07 07:47 AM by XR6T_ENVY
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 15/09/07 01:43 PM Posted 15/09/07 01:43 PM Well I am heading for a drive and maybe a feed so anyone can join in if they like.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now