Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire Sydney AUS
Posted

Looks Awesome Chris, Let us know when you go for your retune.

  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
Oh yeah, its different...

First up, I drove it to see what the boost would do. Ive had it peaking 15 then 14psi flat to redline for awhile now and with the plenum on and no adjustments it hit 21psi very fast...

I use an mbc so I can easilly drop the boost down to stock level, so I gave it a few turns and it now hits 15 again and settles to 14ish.

So same boost now but ALOT quicker to get to max psi the thing just wants to take off.

The main thing I was concerned about was boosting too high, but due to the stock dump, I feel its keeping the boost down. I havnt touched the turbo... wastegate, accuator all stock.

I'll upgrade the fuel pump and have it retuned.

Sounds good, very similar to the type of plenums used by some fast rotary turbo's.

  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Very shiny. Looks great good work. Looking forward to seeing the final results.

  • TURBOCHARGED
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: MELBOURNE
Posted

Looks great . Looking forward to seeing the results :greyscare:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
Looks great . Looking forward to seeing the results :greyscare:

:biggun:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yokine, Perth
Posted

Hi guys

Sorry for the completely n00b questin but what is a Plenum and what is it's purpose? I haven't got much turbo experience so I've never heard of a "plenum"

Search on google only returned references to a "plenum cable"

Cheers

Krys

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Try googling plenum chamber motor vehicle

A definition from a reference:

Plenum:

A chamber, located between the throttle body and the runners of an intake manifold, used to distribute the intake charge evenly and to enhance engine breathing.

An enclosure containing air or gas at a higher pressure than exists outside.

The air ducts, air valves and blower assembly inside the dash

Also see intake plenum

By the way Chris excellent job; looks great and if it performs well then even better. I admire guys that do there own thing with diy and show inititive.

Brian

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Thanks for the comments, should hit the dyno very soon although Im not expecting any large power increase at the top end due to the stock(ish) exhaust limitations.

It is alot nicer to drive around town now, and with a tune should be even better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...